★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Sonic Racing install glitch...help?

07-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Sonic Racing install glitch...help?

Hey, so I downloaded Sonic Racing directly onto my iPad 2 and it was going fine until I synced my iPad to my computer and transferred to game to my computer.

Since that sinc I now have a faded out Sonic Racing icon with an empty loading bar, when I click on it it has me enter my Appstore password and then has the text "Waiting..." underneath (like it is waiting to install) but does not load or change in any way (it isn't actually trying to load, just sitting there dead). I am WiFi connected with confirmed that the internet is working on the iPad.

So the real pickle is that I can't delete it (right on the iPad or from iTunes) because it is in the blank loading/faded out state, and when I uncheck it (to uninstall it) in iTunes then sync to remove the faded icon stays on the iPad and when recheck to reinstall it is also still there and doesn't add another working one.

So I have two problems now 1) I have this useless broken icon stuck on my iPad, and 2) I have no way to actually play the Sonic Racing game now.

Any help?

Current Fave Five iPad games:
Swordigo, Simpsons Tapped Out, Infinity Blade 2, DragonVale, Cloud Patrol
07-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Have you tried resetting the device. that usually gets rid of the dead icon and you can resynch.
07-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by injuwarrior View Post
Have you tried resetting the device. that usually gets rid of the dead icon and you can resynch.
I might if that's what it comes down to, wouldn't I lose ALL my saved games from all my other games/apps though?

Current Fave Five iPad games:
Swordigo, Simpsons Tapped Out, Infinity Blade 2, DragonVale, Cloud Patrol
07-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Shut own and restart the ipod. You won't lose anything that way. You may have to redownload the game, or it might just continue from where you left off. I have had this happen with a few games.

Gamecenter Id: Mr. Grizzly II
07-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDawn View Post
I might if that's what it comes down to, wouldn't I lose ALL my saved games from all my other games/apps though?
Sorry I meant restart, not reset. If you do need to reset, just backup, and then restore the device form that backup. But a restart should take care of it.
07-04-2011, 01:20 AM
I have had the same issue with Real Racing 2 HD on my iPad 2 running beta 2 of iOS5....i have a feeling that the firmware is to blame. Are you using iOS5?

You are not pretty enough to be that stupid.