★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Matty Robinson
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 3.0 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: a retro styled space ship game inspired by the rock hard games on the spectrum and c64.

see how long you can survive as the enemies stack up and you try to improve your highscore!

mattyr64's comments:
Hey guys,

My new game Thruster is now out on the iPhone app store...

as of 15/07/11 there is now a LITE version available from here > http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/thruster-lite/id449143044?mt=8 < go try it, leave a review + if you like it grab the full untimed version, for maximum pointage!

Gameplay video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/thruster/id446759175?mt=8

Screenshots:

Description:

A retro themed space ship game inspired by the rock hard games on the Spectrum and Commodore 64.
See how long you can survive as the enemies stack up and you try to improve your highscore!

Cost: only 59p/99c < help support me in funding further releases + updates!

Unfortunately it has no game center support, but it is something I'd like to add in the future (when I can afford to).

Cheers

Matty

--------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter for updates:
twitter.com/mattyr64
or visit...
mattyrobinson.net
07-04-2011, 10:44 AM

07-04-2011, 12:24 PM
Looks great, fella - I'll be buying!
07-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Thanks man, I forgot to say if anyone could leave reviews that would be great. It will help me for updates and future releases. Cheers - Matty
07-15-2011, 05:31 AM
just a quick heads up,

there is now a LITE version of Thruster available for FREE on the app store here > http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/thruster-lite/id449143044?mt=8

if you could leave reviews I'd be very appreciative!

In the Lite version you get 2.5 minutes to try and rack up your score, by collecting as many of the x packages as possible.

As an easy benchmark I got a score of 140, can you beat it?!

post up your scores with a screen grab (press Home+Lock together), and I will reward outstanding scorers with promo codes for the standard version of Thruster!
07-15-2011, 06:38 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
wow... unbelievably hard to control...

Guess I'm just not meant to play these types of games... =o/
07-15-2011, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
wow... unbelievably hard to control...

Guess I'm just not meant to play these types of games... =o/
i guess the controls aren't exactly conventional... they just take some getting used to.

a few tips:

press both left and right thruster buttons (triangle symbol) - moves forward.

press them independently to rotate the ships around: left button will rotate clockwise, right button anti-clockwise

press the brake buttons (square symbol) together to stop, this also neutralizes any momentum that the ship is being carried by. if you keep the brakes held down you will rotate to the default position, thus making it ideal for lining up bombs.

in order to score well, you have to use the thrusters sparingly in conjunction with the brakes. between every ammo pickup try to pick off as many enemies as you can, to stop too many from building up...

cheers for playing

- Matty
07-15-2011, 09:23 PM
Thanks for making a lite version! I love the retro sounds and graphics, but man do I suck at it, high score so far.....20!