★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

GLWG 2: What do you want in it?

07-04-2011, 03:21 PM
GLWG 2: What do you want in it?

Given the success we've had with Great Little War Game - thanks all - we're planning a future sequel.

We've got plenty of our own ideas, but given how valuable TA feedback has been for the current version, I thought I'd ask you all what you'd love to see in the next installment.

(It's worth pointing out that this is a design item only right now - we're still actively developing the current game, but the earlier we can get a feel for the future one, the better)

Don't be shy, but please be constructive...
07-04-2011, 04:57 PM
1. Bigger maps
2. A more story line like effect, where a campaign plays as a storyline
3. Ability for more enimies, like 2 or 3, but enimies also attack each other
4. More sea battles with an expanded list of ships, aircraft
5. Ability for turn based system against other players. Maybe even multiple ones.
6. A little more into the advancement of soldiers, and not so much 1 shot 1 kill thing.
7. Expanded personal list, like a medic, automatic rifleman, captain that boosts all troops that it can touch kinda thing.
8. Expanded vehicle listing, a apc that carries more than one troop, a truck that can transport vehicles.

That is some thoughts off the top of my head..

07-04-2011, 05:38 PM
That's the sort of thing, thanks.

Feel free to debate as well please, I'm just going to watch and see what develops...
07-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Very happy to hear GLWG is getting a sequel! One of the best iOS games ever! I will definitely be buying.

I would agree about integrated story lines in campaigns. And hey, maybe have super characters (like AW generals) with special powers. Yes, I would like to see even more Advance Wars influence I guess.
07-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Base buildings that can be constructed by the engineer.
Having more than 2 teams on a map, i.e a 2v2 skirmish or having a third army attack during a campaign mission.

My 2 cents.
07-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Zombies
Secret cow level
Heroes
07-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Async multiplayer via gamecenter
some new skirmish maps and all the old ones. that way, you can clear GLWG off and start fresh with the second.
pass & play with 3 other people. Team 2v2 or free for all. adding this in the campaign and skirmish and multiplayer(hopefully) would be cool as well. Just as long as the AI attack each other. also, if there are 2 people playing, the option to have bots play with you
bigger maps
more units
more story
be awesome. more glwg.

im back guys!
07-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phattestfatty View Post
Async multiplayer via gamecenter
Plus 99999999999. That would be awesome if you were one of the debut devs to take advantage of the new feature in iOS 5's GC.
You should also include achievements to please the masses.
07-04-2011, 10:27 PM
Thanks for being receptive to suggestions from the forum!

As someone already suggested, having additional unit classes like a medic and captain is just crying out to be added: To stop Medic from being too powerful and unbalancing things, maybe you could set them to have only a limited supply of medkits before returning to base to restock? I think 5-7 would be sufficient?
Captain could offer a 2-hex diameter bonus for additional firepower, extra round, defensive/evasive skills, or just general endurance?
What do you think about a minigun-wielding soldier? He could fire at two enemies per round, but is super slow.
Complementing the medic could be a mechanic, who could do similar things to vehicles.

Ability to move the camera perspective in any direction, so we can get worms-eye view of the action.

I also think that you should try to centralise your apps so that you get a higher visibility on the app charts. By creating a low-res vs high-res version, as well as lites per app, you're preventing your game from getting traction into the Top Grossing rankings. I think just have one app, make the base free, and IAP for unlocking full version with other purchase options too. Your game deserves to have higher recognition!!!
07-04-2011, 10:35 PM
- More emphasis on animations, explosion effects, gunshots and bullet trails
- Different weapon choices/loadouts for each class type to add to strategy.
- More unit types; pyro, shotgunner, etc

Gamecenter: KineticBlur
Now Playing (iOS): Hearthstone, Battleheart: Legacy
Now Playing (PS4): Watch Dogs