★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Homemade Shooter - Bully Warfare: **FREE** for a limited time

07-05-2011, 12:35 AM
Homemade Shooter - Bully Warfare: **FREE** for a limited time

Homemade Shooter is being released for FREE on the 5th & 6th of July in celebration of our upcoming update ‘Slingshot Justice’ Coming July 7, get it now before we release the update and it becomes too awesome to give away for free!

From your Tree House of Solitude wreak havoc upon the bully menace with your arsenal of homemade weapons:
  • The Trusty Slingshot
  • The Blitzing Ice cream Scoop Rifle
  • The Powerful Grenade Launcher.

Pack grapes, muffins, soda bombs and many other objects into your weapons to unleash mayhem upon the bullies and defend the innocent.

Features:
  • 3 different playable scenarios for GLORIFIED, HOMEMADE SHOOTING!!
  • AWESOME Shooter style, action/reflex testing game play!
  • 3 weapon types with 12 different kinds of ammunition FOR BULLY REPELLING MADNESS!!
  • Several enemy types including the TRICKY TRICYCLE BULLIES to keep you on your toes!
  • Slingshot Justice update coming July 7!!!

‘This game is no lemon.’ – 5 star App Store Review

Here’s a sneak peak of our ‘Slingshot Justice’ update

Youtube link | Pop Up

New features:
  • Awesome 3D cartoon graphics with Retina support.
  • An arsenal of homemade weapons and ammunition types
  • Simple, one touch game play
  • Kick ass Combo systems
  • Openfeint Leaderboards and Achievements
  • Easy to learn, hard to master
  • Hours of bully punishing fun

Get Homemade Shooter for FREE

Visit our website or follow us on Twitter or Facebook and get involved!

www.anomalousinteractive.com

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter 'cuz we're awesome and Australian. That's right, I'm having a beer at work right now.
07-05-2011, 01:30 AM
Looks interesting.

But why not call it Bully Warfare? Homemade Shooter sounds incredibly generic and nothing I would have picked out of iTunes.

The icon also screams "generic game not worth paying any attention". Somebody went to a lot of effort to create this game, but has gone to great length to keep any other person from wanting to play it.

07-05-2011, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dib View Post
Looks interesting.

But why not call it Bully Warfare? Homemade Shooter sounds incredibly generic and nothing I would have picked out of iTunes.

The icon also screams "generic game not worth paying any attention". Somebody went to a lot of effort to create this game, but has gone to great length to keep any other person from wanting to play it.
We realized ALL of this after we released the game at the end of March. What we have done is prepared a massive update for the game once the free sale ends.

If you see the above trailers and images at the end of the post that's what the game will be on Thursday.

"Slingshot Justice" with new graphics and images and a hell of a better iTunes icon.

Maybe if we get enough interest we may release the update for a free time this week too!

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter 'cuz we're awesome and Australian. That's right, I'm having a beer at work right now.
07-05-2011, 04:44 AM
I see what you mean now that I played it. The visual slingshot is a good idea. I had trouble determining where it would shoot (even when compensating for distance+time). That was the most frustrating part for me.

I'm glad to know retina will be added, as that was one of those 'ick' moments. Even in apps/games with toned down graphics, that fuzziness is always tough to tolerate.

I do like the concept of the game. Defending the stand from the different types like the bike riders and hoodies is a pretty novel concept.

For my own taste, I'd love it far more if it were mixed with a bit of tower defense, like let us place down temporary objects on the field to redirect them from the stand, or 'turrets' that help take down bullies en masse? Or if there were some Rampart elements like building a fort around the stand between rounds, and being able to add kids within its walls to help fend off groups.
07-05-2011, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dib View Post
For my own taste, I'd love it far more if it were mixed with a bit of tower defense, like let us place down temporary objects on the field to redirect them from the stand, or 'turrets' that help take down bullies en masse? Or if there were some Rampart elements like building a fort around the stand between rounds, and being able to add kids within its walls to help fend off groups.
These are great ideas and we will explore them for our next update!

07-05-2011, 05:08 AM
Nice work. I think the app icon can be better though. Will try it out
07-05-2011, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumblebee View Post
Nice work. I think the app icon can be better though. Will try it out
Cheers, have fun with it and look forward to the update!

07-06-2011, 12:20 AM
So far we have climbed to 53 in the US free Arcade charts!

This makes us incredibly ecstatic but we'd love to push it over into the top 50 so get on your iPhones and download out free game!