★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Majic Jungle: Plans for Chopper 2

11-06-2008, 10:41 PM
Majic Jungle: Plans for Chopper 2

In a recent interview with The Apper, Majic Jungle Software revealed plans for a Chopper sequel. They would be interested in developing a sequel if they knew what features people would want so post your Chopper 2 wish list here!

I would like to see online high scores and some sort of 2 player mode.

Bullet Development (twitter) Bullet Skater // Psychedelic

Last edited by BulletDev; 11-06-2008 at 11:04 PM.
11-06-2008, 11:05 PM
Anybody? The features we suggest will be sent to the developer.

Bullet Development (twitter) Bullet Skater // Psychedelic

11-06-2008, 11:10 PM
guided missles! and different types of choppers and enemies. maybe even add in cool weapons like a freeze cannon, lazer gun, lightning beam, etc. oh and some kind of armor pickup that would protect you from a limited amount of damage! i cant wait for chopper 2!!!!!
11-06-2008, 11:11 PM
more weapons and destructible environment would make me twitch with joy
11-07-2008, 02:12 AM
This game needs more weapons, enemies and environments badly.
11-07-2008, 06:01 AM
I'd like to see the updates be put into this version, it would encourage more to buy it anyway, rather than a V2 as a separate app. But that's up to the developer obviously.

Cool things:

Terrain, non flat, so you have to fly upwards and down sometimes, bits you can't land on (water). Gear that has to be down to land, up for speed in the air. Basicly add a bit of the flavour that made Copper Commando so very cool:

More missions, maybe some object interation, eg you have to pick up a water canister and fly with it hanging down over water, dip it in water to fill it, then fly over fire and tap to release water. Chopper handles badly whilst weighed down with water weight. You have to put the fire out to get to the people you have to rescue before they die, that sort of thing. (obviously only for some levels)

You could also have a level where you had to pick up a platform to carry to lower for people/animals to walk onto and then fly them back. Whilst carrying this, like the water, the chopper is slower, so it's harder to avoid enemies shooting you.

I'm not saying this is stuff you have to add or I won't buy it... I love chopper, i'll buy it anyway, but i think some of this stuff could seriously add a different take to the game play.

Also, can you eject? That was my favorite thing in Chopper Commando 2: you could fly towards a building, time it right, and eject. The chopper would crash into the building blowing it up, and you'd eject, then a backup choper would come and pick you up. Some missions required buildings to be destroyed so this was fun, or if another chopper hit you and your chopper was damaged about to be destroyed you could eject to safety, excep sometimes that chopper would try and shoot you as a man.

That would be cool, starting the game as a little man and you run into the chopper to take off.

Chopper Commando 2 source was eventually released as freeware BTW, more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chopper_Commando

Last edited by darwiniandude; 11-07-2008 at 06:03 AM.
11-07-2008, 06:12 AM
To Darwiniandude, you have some great ideas there- I like the water and fire one a lot.
To Tunawrap, I don't like your ideas for weapons at all- freeze cannon and lightning beam? Let's stick to weapons based on reality please.

I would definitely like better terrain, where you have proper hills and caves, not blocks. Destructable buildings. Guided missiles too, agreed.
I also want better soldier deaths- more variety in death-screams, and a bit of blood and guts (I'm a sadistic bastard!), and I want to see bodies flying when I blow them up!
11-07-2008, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
I would definitely like better terrain, where you have proper hills and caves, not blocks. Destructable buildings. Guided missiles too, agreed.
I also want better soldier deaths- more variety in death-screams, and a bit of blood and guts (I'm a sadistic bastard!), and I want to see bodies flying when I blow them up!
Now we're talking! Great suggestions. I'm all for some flying body animations and some blood explosion on the screens! Give 'er!
11-07-2008, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charley View Post
Now we're talking! Great suggestions. I'm all for some flying body animations and some blood explosion on the screens! Give 'er!
lol! Come to think of it, where is all the blood and violence in our iPhone/Touch games? We haven't had anything decent yet in that department have we?
How is the iPhone/Touch going to compete with the PSP if we haven't even got any decent dismemberment?
11-10-2008, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
How is the iPhone/Touch going to compete with the PSP if we haven't even got any decent dismemberment?
OK, so instead of Chopper 2, the dev should make a .99c app that has spinning chopper blades, and a whistle in the sky. There is a man sitting under the blades. You tap the whistle, and he stands up to look, and whammo, gets decapitated.

Sounds great!

Hopefully Apple won't block blood and guts. Assuming an app has the ability to lock out those graphics with a pin code, I don't see the problem.