★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pokemon Coming to the AppStore?????

07-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology [Original Poster]
Pokemon Coming to the AppStore?????

According to the Front Page:

Quote:
Kotaku Japan is reporting that an official Pokemon game is on its way to the App Store and Android marketplace in Japan this summer. Provided the translations weíve seen are accurate, itís called Pokemon Say Tap? Apparently, itís a rhythm game that has you tapping on Pokemon-themed cards in time with the gameís music.

When it hits itíll be available for $0, which should strike you as an uncharacteristic move for a publisher who rails against the App Store when promoting the its comparatively high-priced 3DS and its high-priced games. But this probably isnít a Nintendo-published joint; rather, it appears to be a The Pokemon Company title. The Pokemon Company is an affiliate of Nintendo and has licensing and marketing power over the well-loved, well-travelled IP. So, not-official, but official. You see what I'm getting at?

This does seem to have some amount Nintendo backing, though, if a listing on the gameís official JP page and a credit on the title screen itself is any indication of this kind of weighty stuff. I have a feeling the accreditation and promotion is more about "Hey, we're Nintendo; we do Pokemon!" than it says about Nintendo's plans for the App Store, which I'm almost positive there are none. Sorry, folks.

Either way, an official Pokemon app is on its way. I wonder if Nintendo or The Pokemon Company will start cracking down on the immense amount of unofficial Pokemon stuff on Android and the App Store?
07-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Crex....Your a little behind...there is already a front page article and a thread in the lounge section....

07-05-2011, 05:48 PM
It's not an actual Pokemon game, just a rhythmic game

Extensive Knowledge of CBT. Just send me a PM!
07-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi541 View Post
Crex....Your a little behind...there is already a front page article and a thread in the lounge section....
I didn't see the one in the lounge, sorry. I'm on my iPod right now so it's pretty hard to browse the forums.
07-05-2011, 06:35 PM
I would love to a Pokemon game, but don't think its happening anytime soon
07-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neogeo View Post
I would love to a Pokemon game, but don't think its happening anytime soon
And it shouldn't. Buy a Nintendo DS.
07-05-2011, 07:09 PM
You can play GeoSociety which is just like a Pokemon game.
07-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
I didn't see the one in the lounge, sorry. I'm on my iPod right now so it's pretty hard to browse the forums.
Haha its okay! Any chance I get to correct a populuar forum member I take!
07-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyukialex View Post
It's not an actual Pokemon game, just a rhythmic game
Well it actually is a Pokemon game. If this weren't Pokemon, you can't call the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or the Pokemon Ranger games, and the Pokemon Rumble/Scramble series "Pokemon Games". What do they all have in common? They are spin-offs.

GC:SunScape | Plus+:MysticSun | Other:MystikSun
Youtube: SunScapeUPSB | PSN: mudkiprulz|
07-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2898 View Post
And it shouldn't. Buy a Nintendo DS.
Actually, it should. I refuse to buy a DS anytime soon, and Pokemon should be on iOS by now. It'd make a killing. Like top 10 killing.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero