★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What do i need to know to develop an iPhone application? Please give me all the detai

07-06-2011, 01:24 AM
What do i need to know to develop an iPhone application? Please give me all the detai

I am thinking of developng an iphone/ipod touch application. please tell me how i can get started , what is needed, etc. please i need all the details. links are helpful but i also want to hear the answer in your own words as well. thank you all so much.
07-06-2011, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laura331 View Post
I am thinking of developng an iphone/ipod touch application. please tell me how i can get started , what is needed, etc. please i need all the details. links are helpful but i also want to hear the answer in your own words as well. thank you all so much.
Will totally depend if its an app or a game:
-I cannot help with apps
-with games either you build your own engine (pro only)
-or choose a good engine(UDK,Unity....) learn the needed language, personally I'd choose Unity cause its uses Java and C# which are easy to learn...
Oh and I'm feeling happy so here ya go:
design3.com its an awesome site but you ahve to pay (this week make a free account and enjoy cause they put everything free, after that you can pay a visit to torrentz)
Oh and if you speak french: siteduzero.com
And when you have acquired a good knowledge in C++ you can use the podcast of stanford university on Itunes U
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap0calypse
Impatient fool!
AMEN TO YOU THREE.
07-06-2011, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laura331 View Post
Download some tutorials on how to learn Objective C
Learn to do press-releases
Develop a following on twitter
Decide what framework you want to use to develop your game
Teach yourself photoshop or pay someone that does
Have around 100 to get yourself started with developer costs and websites

I certainly wouldn't go at it alone, do you know anyone that can do any of the above skills?

Screen Invaders is out now! screeninvaders.com/app

Tweet us
07-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Make sure you have a MacBook or a Mac with an Intel processor