★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Agency Wars - your opinion?

04-20-2009, 05:55 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Agency Wars - your opinion?

Whats the highest level you've gotten too? Is this game worth getting in to?

How long did you play before you quit?

I've been playing for about two days but I don't want to waste my time like I did with the other stupid "MMO's"

I still haven't been able to complete a damn joint mission

Thanks,
Agent 120484 - add me!

Racing Live? - MRQP4
Mafia Wars? - 7102 3479 09
Agency Wars? - 120484
04-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Taking from your signature, it's one of those text games involving adding random numbers to boost your "force" and waiting for 8 hours before having anything to do in the "game". There's one word to describe it: crap, or its many synonyms.
Oh and to answer your question no it's not worth wasting time on. There are much better time wasters out there. A popular one in this forum is that Pocket God app, though I don't have that myself.

04-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
Taking from your signature, it's one of those text games involving adding random numbers to boost your "force" and waiting for 8 hours before having anything to do in the "game". There's one word to describe it: crap, or its many synonyms.
Oh and to answer your question no it's not worth wasting time on. There are much better time wasters out there. A popular one in this forum is that Pocket God app, though I don't have that myself.
What good is a completely biased review such as that? You obviously have never played it, and why should anyone listen to someone who's never played the game?

I'm level 180+ and I can tell you honestly that the game isn't really that great. I have the free version and it's getting boring now. Up until level 60 or so, it's somewhat interesting, but you don't get any more weapons available once you reach level 25 (or 35 I forget). This is another one of those games in which you can pay (real money) your way through the game. So those of us that enjoy a legitimate challenge need not apply. 10 year old spoiled kids use mommy's money to buy points in which they use to buy guns at such early levels that you will never have a chance against, and you will die each time because of the health they take out.
Try a game like iQuest. There is no free version (as of yet) and as far as I know there is no option to pay you way through.

And to counter what Aurora said, you can allocate skill points freely as the game progresses. You get 3 skill points per level, but they never lock to a specific skill. One of the skills you can enhance is shorter wait time between regeneration of health/energy/stamina.
04-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
What good is a completely biased review such as that? You obviously have never played it, and why should anyone listen to someone who's never played the game?
And to counter what you said, how do you know I've never played the 239590 other games that are exactly the same as this one? I don't see ANY difference in any of these games except what they call each element. You have Health and its 213592350 other derivations, Stamina and its 23752935023 other derivations, Energy and its 23523590 other derivations, and so on. Because these game lack any originality even to the most microscopic degree and because you have to wait like hours before having anything to do other than sitting there copying down codes like an idiot, these types of games are crap.
04-20-2009, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
And to counter what you said, how do you know I've never played the 239590 other games that are exactly the same as this one? I don't see ANY difference in any of these games except what they call each element. You have Health and its 213592350 other derivations, Stamina and its 23752935023 other derivations, Energy and its 23523590 other derivations, and so on. Because these game lack any originality even to the most microscopic degree and because you have to wait like hours before having anything to do other than sitting there copying down codes like an idiot, these types of games are crap.
I won't sit here and type of the differences, but this game has it's differences that make it stand out among the rest. But either way, it has it's faults.
Your review of it the game is completely biased, you make no mention of anything non-opinionated and you even attempt to insult those that do happen to enjoy that type of game by calling them idiots. (Not saying that I do, but I'd be willing to bet that it's more fun copying codes down than it is to write Japanese letters into a sig, but what it comes down to is not everyone is going to like the same things.)

Last edited by VoodooVyper; 04-20-2009 at 08:31 PM.
04-20-2009, 08:33 PM
I find the game to be too similar to Imob, Ivampires, and girl wars.
04-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Excon,
I recommend you spend time on other games. And do not spend any cash on Agency Wars at all.
I concur with what VoodooVyper said and also reached a similar level where it gets boring and nothing left to achieve. I did pay for the $2.99 one with 20pts but that buys you nothing except afew attribute pts, which isn't worth much against those splashing out for a super weapon. The other thread on Agency Wars, especially the last few pages, explains the complaints long term gamers had on it. Read those.
In summary:
Pros: new slant on missions, choices, and joint missions. No need for code fest to progress, except maybe 10 to access harder missions. Different countries for varying missions (but requires paid version). No properties to manage, cannot always harass lower-level players.
Cons: biased to those paying $50, no incentives after circa level40, beyond that always fighting same people (and losing if you didn't pay), gameplay keeps changing without warning like joit missions being impossible to do, and fights only giving 1XP. Leaderbosrd impossible to catch up, nor can you attack them.
Result: waste of time.