★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Prank Ltd.
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 110.8 MB
  • Version: 1.4.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.3 (6)
App description: #1 game and 9.5 score average on iPhone Quality Index of Q1 2012. ALL-TIME 3rd highest Metascoring iOS strategy game (90 point average, "Universal acclaim"), and 8th best iPad GAME OF THE YEAR on Metacritic.com.

Please note that completing this game does NOT require in-app purchases! The SmartBomb is there to help you ONLY in case you feel the difficulty is too overwhelming.

If the game crashes on startup, free some memory by restarting the device.

------
Tap! magazine (score: 5/5): "It's pretty much Ants vs Zombies, but Ant Raid's controls are more organic than those in PopCap's game, and the oddball sense of humour and design is, if anything, superior."
------------------
"While Ant Raid is definitely a more casual take on traditional RTS games, it's skillfully done. The iPad-centric game is polished, fun, and great looking."
- Slide To Play (score: 4/4, "Must Have")
------------------
"Ant Raid shows how sneaky the casual RTS is."
- 148Apps (score: 4.5/5 stars)
------------------
"For anyone who wants some strategy in their action games, it's a perfect fit."
- TouchArcade (score: 4/5 stars)
------------------
"Vous l'aurez compris, ce petit jeu qu'est Ant Raid nous aura vraiment séduits et je le classerai volontiers dans les jeux du type Angry Birds, c'est-à-dire ceux que l'on prend en main et que l'on ne veut plus lâcher."
- iPadou.com (score: 9/10)
------------------
"Q,,,,"
- ewtang.com (score: 4/5 stars)
------------------
"...wurde mir von Kritikern ja schon vorgeworfen, dass ich von den Entwicklern bezahlt wurde. Tatsache ist, dass Ant Raid mich mehrere Tage an mein iPad gefesselt hat, was bei vielen Spielen nicht der Fall ist."
- Appgefahren.de
---------------------

***** Features *****

Ant Raid fills your big screen with fun cartoony HD action! Jump into the hilarious story of an ant colony trying to survive swarms of fellow insects, mutated into mindless monsters!

* GORGEOUS GRAPHICS! *
Treat your eyes with high-definition 3D graphics and animations designed for iPad from the get-go.

* 100 LEVELS OF PURE FUN AND ACTION! *
Fight your way through 60 Story and 40 Challenge levels against hordes of enemies.

* OFF-THE-WALL STORYLINE! *
Experience an epic tale through animated cut-scenes featuring quirky characters and unexpected twists.

* EASY-TO-GRASP CONTROLS AND UNIQUE GAMEPLAY! *
Enjoy responsive and intuitive touch controls. Taste the fresh blend of action, arcade and strategy.

* ENDLESS GAMEPLAY! *
Challenge your friends and the rest of the world in four dynamic Survival modes.

* AWESOME SOUNDTRACK! *
Indulge your ears with the original soundtrack and crazy sound effects.

* GAME CENTER SUPPORT! *
Strive for numerous Achievements and worldwide Leaderboard rankings through Game Center.

Prank Ltd.'s comments:
The 8th best iPad GAME OF THE YEAR and ALL-TIME 2nd best iOS strategy game with 90 point score average in Metacritic.com. #1 position in iPhone Quality Index of Q1 2012.

Gameplay trailer:

Cinematic trailer:
07-06-2011, 05:55 AM
I really like this game so far, and I am somewhat surprised about that myself I loved the graphics and the trailer, but wasn't sure about the gameplay. I never play RTS games, but the developer said that they thought the game would appeal to people who don't normally play this kind of game. That's absolutely true! It's like the Plants vs Zombies of RTS games, in the sense that I also didn't like tower defense games but loved PvZ.

07-06-2011, 08:27 AM
definitely curious about this, but just can't make enough of an opinion from the gameplay trailer, maybe i'll wait for a demo.
07-07-2011, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lena View Post
I really like this game so far, and I am somewhat surprised about that myself I loved the graphics and the trailer, but wasn't sure about the gameplay. I never play RTS games, but the developer said that they thought the game would appeal to people who don't normally play this kind of game. That's absolutely true! It's like the Plants vs Zombies of RTS games, in the sense that I also didn't like tower defense games but loved PvZ.
We're really glad you're enjoying the game!
We especially like the phrase "Plants vs Zombies of RTS games"... It has a nice ring to it

Prank Ltd. - a game development studio.
www.prankentertainment.com
07-07-2011, 05:08 AM
epic grapics~! glad to give it a shot ~!
07-08-2011, 02:17 AM
I've played the first chapter now and i must say that i really quite like this game. The graphics are really nice, the sounds funny (like the whole game), there even are pretty good quality cutscenes and the gameplay delivers for me too. Its a bit like galcon, with some twists and gameplay-elements you get gradually introduced while playing the campaign. I really love seing the ants getting knocked out and sending other ants out to carry them home to revive

60 campaign Levels, this was the reason for me to get this game. I cant stand these highscore-only games where you have seen everything the game has in the first 5 minutes. This here just feels like a good quality / high value game overall.

Its running absolutely smooth on my iPad2, but i've read some complaints about crashes on the iPad1 in the Appstore, so maybe you should wait a bit if you have an old iPad and want to buy this game.
07-08-2011, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrgrvsh View Post
I've played the first chapter now and i must say that i really quite like this game. The graphics are really nice, the sounds funny (like the whole game), there even are pretty good quality cutscenes and the gameplay delivers for me too. Its a bit like galcon, with some twists and gameplay-elements you get gradually introduced while playing the campaign. I really love seing the ants getting knocked out and sending other ants out to carry them home to revive

60 campaign Levels, this was the reason for me to get this game. I cant stand these highscore-only games where you have seen everything the game has in the first 5 minutes. This here just feels like a good quality / high value game overall.

Its running absolutely smooth on my iPad2, but i've read some complaints about crashes on the iPad1 in the Appstore, so maybe you should wait a bit if you have an old iPad and want to buy this game.
Thank you very much for the nice comments, zrgrvsh!

An update to fix the iPad1 issues has already been submitted. The crashes were mostly caused when playing the game in offline mode, so until the update goes live, please make sure your iPad is connected online either via WiFi or 3G when playing. Also the memory on iPad 1 got sometimes full when running too many things on the background, but we also reduced the memory consumption for this new version.

07-08-2011, 07:09 AM
Does it have ipad 2 support and capabilities?
07-08-2011, 07:14 AM
Te ootte Suomesta!
07-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
epic grapics~! glad to give it a shot ~!
Thank you, Olive, great to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobelak555 View Post
Does it have ipad 2 support and capabilities?
Ant Raid runs at a nice 60 frames-per-second on iPad 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobelak555 View Post
Te ootte Suomesta!
Yes, we are from Finland