★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Gameloft
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 30.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Block Breaker 3 Unlimited boasts more features than every other Breakout clone on the market put together. Pocket Gamer
Grab power-ups, trigger switches and blast through gateways to reach new areas as you push your way towards the top.
Innovative new scrolling level design adds depth to all 100 of the games stages
Tons of new power-ups including the ability to deal with multiple balls and pads!
Climatic boss battles at the end of each of the 7 locations
Spend in-game cash to upgrade your pad at the shop and buy new bonuses and powers
Experience 8 different game modes including Endless mode and Block Master
Enjoy never-ending fun thanks to the level generator!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

iPhone Version: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=99753
07-06-2011, 06:09 AM
this really sucks :/, i be waiting for march of heroes or 9mm not this

Plus: Gameca
Gameloft: Gameca
Archetype: Gameca

07-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameca View Post
this really sucks :/, i be waiting for march of heroes or 9mm not this
This is far their best game!

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)
07-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Can't wait! Instant buy for me.
07-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Why are they wasting so much space with such a broad frame?

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
07-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
Why are they wasting so much space with such a broad frame?
Seeing as they have 'framed' the play area rather than utilise the iPads larger screen, you might as well just buy the iPhone version , that way u can pay it on either iPhone or iPad... And at 2x scale, the play area should work out to be not much different to the native iPad version

Best Games: Tilt to Live, Mini Motor Racing, Death Rally, NBA Jam, Spirit, Silverfish, Flipship, Wispin, Space Tripper, Super Crossfire, Red Nova, Vertex Blaster, Modern Combat 2, Hard Lines, Sentinel 3, Mad Wheels .......Follow me on Twitter @unclelimey
07-06-2011, 07:12 PM
First impressions

Okay. Tested on an iPad 2: The broad frame (as seen in the screenshots) is used for exits to channels who guide you (better: travel your orb) to other realms (tables, gamefields of a level)—and so it's not the waste of space I was afraid of in a previous posting. Never seen that before in a brick breaker game. There are even exits below the paddle you can choose from tactically. Before the start of a level you will be presented with a pan over the "playfield labyrinth".

The game is fast and graphically very attractive although I was skeptically at first because the menues are kind of jerky and a bit slow. There are touch controls with a little but somewhat acceptable lag. Or you can use two virtual arrow buttons to move the paddle which I didn't like (too fast). I didn't try the other options—there are two gyro control options. Some items (bonuses) require touch control.

Really tons of power ups, the usual ones and some new with much fantasy. Love the "Explosive Ball" bonus where the ball launches explosions when you tap on the screen. You can switch hints on or off—those explanations are maybe useful at the beginning but they interrupt the game.

And you can buy tons of upgrades in the "shop" with won game money AND "special bonuses" with "In App Purchases" (real money). I can't tell after ten levels if you need the IAPs later for progress or if they are only "time savers". The special bonus "Supernova clears all the bricks on the screen you are in. Touch the Supernova icon in-game to use it" costs €0.79EUR (2 Supernovas) p.e., €1.59 (5) or €7.99 (30). You can buy "Ball Absorbers" €15.99 (275), "Lasers" and "Large Pads" where the screen says 130 but the IAP dialog text 275:

Those first levels weren't hard to beat and to unlock. When I struggled once @ level #9 there was a question like: "Do you want to buy upgrades that make it easier to solve that level?" There is a button "Equip a perk" on start of each level which leads to a special shop and again IAPs.

There are seven "maps" and according to the maps screen there are fifteen levels in each map. Eight game modes to unlock. I unlocked only "Endless Mode" so far: "Face off against infinity!". Other modes seem to be unlocked after collecting all the "gifts" in the levels and they are called "Time Attack", "Crazy Mode", "Versus Mode", "Frenzy", "Boss Rush" and "Survival". "Survival" after "Finish all levels perfectly".

I made $325,626 game money after the ten levels. In the shop the "Add-On" for $120,000 (game money of course) p. e. "increases the amount of explosive charges; it gives you 4 explosive charges per add-on". There are other add-ons like "magnets, brick attractors, jetpacks, melters" and "force waves", bonuses like "shields, lasers, fire balls, freeze balls" and "cannon balls", "others" like "add-on stack: increases the number of add-ons you can stack in the queue", "add-on time limit: all your add-ons last longer" and "ultimate absorber: your ball absorber add-on also absorbs items".

The hectic electronic music isn't really my taste but you can turn it off and leave the very good effect sounds intact. Scoring is interesting with lots of statistics and a three-star-system to unlock the next level (one star is enough). Good help file and instructions (translated into German on my machine). More statistics (time spent, pad hits, wasted lives, bricks destroyed and more) behind the information-i on main screen and "records".

There is a still image "Gameloft" on game launch and not the animated one. I can't give a star rating after ten minutes but the gameplay is really frantic, colorful and full of new ideas so I recommend it so far (I am a bit concerned on the IAPs not mentioned in the App Store description). The framerate of the very vivid game itself is okay. There is an option to reset the game. Pause or home button works as expected—you can continue the game later.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

Last edited by Habakuk; 07-06-2011 at 08:32 PM.