★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Sandlot Games
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 36.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.

Navigate uncharted territories, build prosperous settlements and bring the dangerously elusive Copperhead Gang to justice in Westward II: Heroes of the Frontier®, an exciting real-time strategy adventure based on the hit PC game from Sandlot Games!

Steer the fortunes of three distinctly different pioneers as they establish Oxbow Bend, a new outpost in the unexplored Wild West, and work to uncover the Mad Russian's base of operations. Gather resources, overcome natural disasters and plot a course through new terrain as you guide your settlers to safety and success.

Customize your towns with over 20 unique buildings, more than 30 luxury items and upgrades, and attempt to deliver justice in this all-new frontier adventure. Stake your claim in Westward II: Heroes of the Frontier today!

Game Features:
-Over 20 unique buildings
-Awards for in-game accomplishments
-All-new Sandbox mode
-Beautiful 3-D graphics

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

07-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Thanks! I enjoyed the first one and was wondering if they would release more in the series. Glad to see this on iPad.
07-07-2011, 03:18 AM
This looks really nice. Haven't played the first one, but I'll definitely check this out.
07-07-2011, 07:29 AM
save probs, but great game.

Hmmm, love the game but 2 hours in (i did save once, slot 1) i saved again on save slot 2 slot and it crashed! rebooted the ipad and had lost the last 40mins, loaded the saved game and decided the i would save over the slot 1 save (i know dumb..) crashed again, destroying the save game slot 1!!! and I had to start again from the beginning . So when i got about an hour in, someone knocked at the door and i accidentally pressed the home button and guessed what, lost my place again... Start again. Over it!!

Please fix the saves, please, this is a brilliant game, (although the 2 fingered scrolling could be better?)

Can't wait for a fix, so i can try again

Last edited by splud; 07-07-2011 at 07:34 AM. Reason: english not good after a drink :-)
07-08-2011, 07:29 AM
Nice to see these kind of games on iPad, because they fit quite perfectly to touchscreen device. Westward 2 seems ok, could be a little bit more polished (especially the 2-finger scrolling is ankward and usually doesn't work as I'd like). I don't see point in 3D graphics in a game like this, because they don't bring any additional value to the game... 2D graphics would be much sharper and more detailed. But I'm not complaining, the 3D graphics in Westward 2 are nice.

Also, the learning curve is maybe too steep for me... very early on the game some robbers kept on destroying my gold mine again and again and finally I didn't have any more gold to build another one. I tried to get 20 people to live in the town so I could get sheriff, but it was quite impossible to do because so much gold went to building the gold mine over and over again... maybe I was doing something wrong. I guess I have to start from the scratch and try something different.

Last edited by teme; 07-08-2011 at 07:32 AM.