★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Brendan Wood
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 44.8 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Zeke has been launched into space...help him get home! Use Gravity Nodes to push and pull Zeke through 6 unique and challenging Galaxies with never before seen gameplay mechanics! Collect bones, fire missiles and place your own nodes to solve the mind-warping puzzles.

Zeke in Orbit is an experience unlike anything you've ever played: an action-physics-puzzle-platformer with simple touch controls but challenging levels that will leave you with a new mindset of what is possible for touch based games.

HD Features:
-6 Strange Galaxies with 10 Levels each
-3 Bones on each level to challenge your abilities
-Smooth physics based mechanics keep you bouncing around levels for hours!
-New abilities and obstacles introduced every 5 levels to keep things interesting...
-Bonus Levels and unique modes of play.
-Original soundtrack for each galaxy and engaging sound effects!
-Emergent gameplay: never beat a level the same way twice!
-Paint the screen with Zeke's Colored rocket tails!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

07-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Why must they show the poor puppies?
Exhibit 1) First dog into space
Exhibit 2) First dogs to survive

So we all know (if we didn't already).... Exhibit 1

07-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Zeke in Orbit HD Available in App Store

Zeke in Orbit HD released today on the iTunes App Store!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zeke-in-orbit-hd/id445283398?mt=8&ls=1

Zeke is lost in space...help him get home! Use Gravity Nodes to push and pull Zeke through 6 unique and challenging Galaxies. Collect bones, fire missiles and place your own nodes to solve the mind-warping puzzles! Zeke in Orbit is an experience unlike anything you've ever played: an action-physics-puzzle-platformer with simple touch controls but challenging levels that will keep you bouncing around the levels for hours!

Youtube link | Pop Up

I posted promos yesterday and most of them were swooped up without any feedback : (
So please let me know what you think of the game and follow
http://twitter.com/zekeinorbit for updates and possible contests : )

This is a completely independent made game and I, Brendan Wood have put a lot of work into it and firmly believe that if you buy it, you won't regret it. I hope it's as enjoyable an experience for you as it is for me.
07-07-2011, 07:27 AM
2 Promo Codes, think FAST!

I will give away 2 promo codes to the first 2 people who email bcwood[at]indiana[dot]edu
and try and answer the question: what type of game is Zeke in Orbit (puzzle,platformer,adventure,action?).

The race is on!
07-07-2011, 08:46 AM
Weehomer snatched up the first one...only one more available...
07-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Congrats to Steven Lewis who is the second and last winner of todays promos! Although there are no more available, I hope you will still check out the game! The iPhone version comes out next thursday and I will have another round of promo giveaways sometime then...
07-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the code!
07-08-2011, 03:39 AM
Okay, I have to admit that I'm not totally crazy about the graphics, but the concept of you game actually seems pretty fascinating. It's been added to my "want it"-list on AppShopper, so eventually it'll be bought :-)
07-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Jacobt...it's hard doing everything in a game and I'm not really a graphic artist but rest assured if the game does well enough I'll get a professional artist and the game will get a makeover as an update, making it look truly fantastic. Furthermore, I intend on adding other modes of play and more levels as the year goes on..

The gameplay really is something truly unique though, I don't think I've seen any other game use the mechanics this one does so I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
07-08-2011, 06:09 PM
FloydianSpiral: thanks very much for the promo code for Zeke. While the graphics are not as polished as many of the best releases in the app store, they are pretty attractive. By the way, the music is very good and I think remains enjoyable, even after extended play sessions. The gameplay is not something that I have seen before and it is fun and challenging. This is a good game you have here that I think many folks will enjoy. Best of luck with it!

Game Center: MarinasideSteve