App description: With a Style like no other, Ninjammin Beat-jitsu defines its own genre in this fusion of Rhythm Action and Arcade Platforming.

In a dystopian future, where being happy is mandatory, a simple dude known only as 8O8 is visited by his late great, great grandfather, Roland - who bestows upon him a great power over an ancient martial art, known only as Beat-jitsu.
But before 8O8 has a chance to understand whats going on, an elite government robot task force is set after him.

Welcome to the start of your Beat-jitsu training.

Rhythm and Timing is everything as you tap or swipe to the beats on screen to Jump, Slide, Flip and Fight your way through 6 uniquely styled Episodes.

Features:

6 Ninjammin Episodes to complete with multiple routes to find
18 Secrets to collect throughout the game
15 Challenges to unlock and defeat
Over 20 achievements earn
Unique style and design by Liam Barden
Ninja like music by Jono Oliver
Game Center Achievements
Game Center Leaderboards
OpenFeint Achievements
OPenFeint Leaderboards

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
Flash version Video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

07-06-2011, 10:31 AM
I will spend a lot of money tonight!

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..

07-06-2011, 10:34 AM
I'll buy anything from the devs of Karoshi. Yes, tomorrow is big spending day.
07-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Well this sure looks great. And yeah, I will buy another YoYo Games product for 99c without even thinking about it. Plus there can never be too many ninja platformers around.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
07-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Hmm. You know, I explored a few of the other YoYo Games apps after Karoshi, and found none of them to be in any way similar whether stylistically, thematically, or indeed simply anywhere near as good. Not saying this is a bad game; I don't have any idea about it at the moment, but would advise taking it at face value without any Karoshi influence.
07-06-2011, 11:40 AM
I really liked They Must Be Fed as well.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
07-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
I really liked They Must Be Fed as well.
@Gabrien, Squeaker, Medianotzu et al.

Not all YoYo games are by Jesse Venbrux. Karoshi and 'They Need to Be Fed' were designed by him. A quick search leads me to believe that Ninjammin Beat-Jitsu was not.

Mac user since 1988
07-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Hmm. You know, I explored a few of the other YoYo Games apps after Karoshi, and found none of them to be in any way similar whether stylistically, thematically, or indeed simply anywhere near as good. Not saying this is a bad game; I don't have any idea about it at the moment, but would advise taking it at face value without any Karoshi influence.
I'm with you Gabrien. After the utterly fabulous Karoshi and stunningly addictive They Need to be Fed, I made the mistake of buying both of their Sky Diver games plus one or two others. None were anywhere near the brilliance of Karoshi or TNtbF. In fact, they were downright poor.

Once bitten, twice shy, I'll be holding off for the time being.

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja

Last edited by Simon Potticary; 07-06-2011 at 12:12 PM.
07-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Potticary View Post
I'm with you Gabrien. After the utterly fabulous Karoshi and stunningly addictive They Need to be Fed, I made the mistake of buying both of their Sky Diver games plus one or two others. None were anywhere near the brilliance of Karoshi or TNtbF. In fact, they were downright poor.

Once bitten, twice shy, I'll be holding off for the time being.
May be they're trying to reach more casual players with other products.

Antony
07-06-2011, 12:36 PM
dont forget folks, the game is out there to be judged for free. go play the flash game before putting down your cash and crying foul.

i, for one, will be buying it.

Plus+/openfeint: nesio718 Game Center: panama chief
Playing: this new iPad....DAT RETINA!!!
Waiting for: SALES!!!!

Last edited by nesio718; 07-06-2011 at 01:24 PM.