★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

THE KING OF FIGHTERS-i

07-06-2011, 06:38 AM
THE KING OF FIGHTERS-i

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 224 MB.

Price in NZ is $10.99 which should translate to USD $7.99

Details:

The popular 2D Fighting Game Series “KOF” appears on the iPhone/iPod touch!
With beautiful visuals and high-resolution graphics, this game uses the Virtual Pad to bring you a seamless and intuitive “KOF” experience. Furthermore, moves that require complex commands can be easily pulled off with the Simple Specials Button or the various touch controls.
Not only the old fans, but newcomers to KOF and fighting game novices alike will be able to fully and easily enjoy this new “KOF” experience!

Features:

* 4 different single player modes!
Fight 3 on 3 in “Team Battle”, 1 on 1 in “Single Battle”, see how many opponents you can beat with 1 character in “Endless”, or practice making combos using the Virtual Pad in “Training”.

* Many extras like trading cards and artwork!
You can view all the extras you unlocked during the game in Gallery Mode. Fans will not want to miss the many extras, including premium trading cards with hand-drawn illustrations, concept art, illustrations and rough sketches of each character, Team Story Novels, and movies from “KOFXIII”!

* Trade data & fight other players anytime, anywhere!
Use Bluetooth to connect to other terminals within the signal range. Get a bunch of friends together to create your own impromptu arcade! Enjoy improved interaction between players by exchanging trading cards and sending and receiving replay data!!

* The strongest warriors in history are here!
The 13 fighters, including protagonists Kyo Kusanagi, K’ and Ash Crimson are joined by Billy Kane from “Fatal Fury”! But that’s not all! More characters will be made available as DLC, so keep checking back regularly!!

Fighting, Team,Tournament, SNK,PLAYMORE,Arcade,Action,2D,KOF,KING,KING OF FIGHTERS,Touch,Side

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 224 MB.

Price in NZ is $10.99 which should translate to USD $7.99
07-06-2011, 06:46 AM
Street Fighter anyone?

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!

07-06-2011, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
Street Fighter anyone?
There's more than one fighting series, you know. This one goes back to 1994.

Looks good, but fighting games are all about the controls. SF4 pretty much nailed them, so there's hope!
07-06-2011, 06:53 AM
I would say Street Fighter has beaten the game to IOS. Cheaper and more known.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
07-06-2011, 06:59 AM
Quote:
I would say Street Fighter has beaten the game to IOS. Cheaper and more known.
And it doesn't look like KoF has online multiplayer either. Although it does look pretty good.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
07-06-2011, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Street Fighter anyone?
Yeah. It's spoiled us now for 0.99 with the online play. Won't be picking this up until it also gets online, and especially not at this price!

Gamecenter: KineticBlur
Now Playing (iOS): Hearthstone, Battleheart: Legacy
Now Playing (PS4): Watch Dogs
07-06-2011, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddToKmart View Post
Yeah. It's spoiled us now for 0.99 with the online play. Won't be picking this up until it also gets online, and especially not at this price!
SF 4 Volt is now $6.99, regular SF4 is $4.99.

For fans of the genre, it's all about the details, and I'm sure they would be able to go on at length about how KoF is a radically different experience from SF4. Personally I'm on the fence, since fighting games are not really my thing (though I've enjoyed SF). It does look like a good port.
07-06-2011, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
SF 4 Volt is now $6.99, regular SF4 is $4.99.

For fans of the genre, it's all about the details, and I'm sure they would be able to go on at length about how KoF is a radically different experience from SF4. Personally I'm on the fence, since fighting games are not really my thing (though I've enjoyed SF). It does look like a good port.
I'm with you Square. On the fence at the moment, but I'm hoping KoF is good enough to warrant doing a Humpty Dumpty in getting off that fence and buying it. Just minus the egg shell.

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
07-06-2011, 07:29 AM
I was a huge KoF fan but I think I'll pass on this. Maybe I it sees a price drop.
07-06-2011, 07:29 AM
I like this series but at this price think I'll wait for a sale especially as I just picked up volt for 59p last week.