Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-07-2011, 12:48 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

This brings back happy memories!

One bug found so far: music (which I always want turn off in games when I can). I turned down the music volume to minimum in Settings before I started, but music was on in the game. So I paused and went into Settings and turned it down - fine. But then after dying and respawning, music was on again.

Is there a fix for this, or have I missed something? Thanks!
Old 07-07-2011, 12:57 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidmaster View Post
The textures are included in the download, just not enabled.

If I get more requests for inverted aiming, I'd be happy to add it!

Best,
-dan

Daniel Blezek
marathon4ios.com
Please consider my post as a request . Great work on the game though. I never played the games fully, just because I wasn't a Mac owner way back when. I did play them with the Aleph One ports, and really enjoyed the games as they had a point. This version captures that same feeling. I just fumble with the aiming from time to time because I'm not used to it.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:13 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidmaster View Post
(sorry for the un-intuitive symbols, what you get for zero budget!)
From left to right :

Invincibility
3x shield recharge
All weapons
Full ammo
Instant save

Best,
-dan

Fantastic, thanks.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:04 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Ahhhhh!!!!! This is awesome!! Marathon 1-Inf were some of my favorite games of all time! Wish I had an iPad to play it, but it sounds like it may come to the iPhone soon. Very much looking forward to it. Heh, I think I'll download the iPad version just for the hell of it (who knows, maybe I'll get an iPad in the future just to play this ).
Old 07-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Developer
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Great to see this classic on the iPad, although I think I'm being a colossal noob. I can't make it to the first save point, wherever that is. There's a section with a wall that it looks like you could duck under, and what looks like a door opposite. Its like only 5 mins into the game, probably less. I should go take a screenshot...
Old 07-07-2011, 07:05 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by amroc View Post
Great to see this classic on the iPad, although I think I'm being a colossal noob. I can't make it to the first save point, wherever that is. There's a section with a wall that it looks like you could duck under, and what looks like a door opposite. Its like only 5 mins into the game, probably less. I should go take a screenshot...
I had the same problem. Lol, go into the room where there is the enemies (about 3 green guys and one red guy), kill them and open the switch. Then close the switch because the switch makes the block go up, so you can go through the door. There is a stairway to lead up to the door, then you press the button to make it open.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:37 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

I've been looking forward to this release since I heard about it. So many fond memories of watching my older brother play this game when I was 5-6ish. Such an amazingly good game, with a spectacular atmosphere and story, as well as the coolest enemies ever. Thank you so much for this release!

(While we're doing old Bungie cult classics, how about Myth II? )
Old 07-07-2011, 08:17 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I'm torn between buying the in app purchase HD version, or saving until 9mm comes out. I don't know which one.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:37 AM
Developer
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakenXXDeadly View Post
I had the same problem. Lol, go into the room where there is the enemies (about 3 green guys and one red guy), kill them and open the switch. Then close the switch because the switch makes the block go up, so you can go through the door. There is a stairway to lead up to the door, then you press the button to make it open.
Ah cheers! I was guessing it was something like that, like I hadn't realised how to push a switch... doh.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:20 AM

Very nice port. It plays surprisingly well; definitely better controls then most games I've tried. Good to see a classic like this.

I bought the HD upgrade as a thank you Here's hoping the universal will get out the door soon.