★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Plz help choose the icon - DEO game

07-07-2011, 12:45 PM
#1
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 463
Plz help choose the icon - DEO game

Hi folks!

First off, wanted to thank everyone on this forum that contributed in the making of Deo. Your feedback and help is amazing and very appreciated!

We're weeks away from releasing Deo and I can't make up my mind (LOL) on which icon I want to go with. Here are my top 3 styles/picks (3rd from the top of each column).

My question to you: Which one would you most likely click on from the AppStore?

The middle is my least favorite. The left is my favorite because it looks unique and different from most other icons on the AppStore. The one on the right however would probably pop a little more, wouldn't it?



I won't go into details of what the game is about (for those of you that don't know) because that's the type of crowd that will most likely see this icon on the AppStore anyway.


Thanks everyone!!!

-----------------------------------
UPDATED:

These are the new, tweaked versions.



Twitter: @PeterBabiy
Site: www.strappedtoameteor.com
Games: Go Go Giraffe | DEO | Mr. Dreamer

Last edited by ImStrapped; 07-08-2011 at 10:23 PM.
07-07-2011, 12:52 PM
#2
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,502
I'm torn in the exact same way you are, and not because you said it. What about the first one with a red border. Could we see a mock up of that. I love the art style of the first one much better. Yeah I think I would like to see some different variations of the first one actually. I think it is safe to say with some tweaking to get it to stand out more, it easily is the best.

Currently Playing: Pocket RPG, Tentacle Wars, Oh My Heroes, Minigore 2, Mini Motor Racing, Eufloria, Swordigo

07-07-2011, 12:55 PM
#3
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Area 51
Posts: 2,855
I like the one on the right as it is more eye-catching with the red and white colours then the other icons. The other two icons (middle and left one) are kinda dark and doesn't really define what the game really is since the game involves the red guy.

List of Games I've Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @Jdragoon19
07-07-2011, 12:58 PM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdragoon19 View Post
I like the one on the right as it is more eye-catching with the red and white colours then the other icons. The other two icons (middle and left one) are kinda dark and doesn't really define what the game really is since the game involves the red guy.
Yes, i like the one on the right too... its most attractive (colors+design)

GAME CENTER ID: darioes
My beta tested games: Cado, Pig in trees, DEO, Chimpanzee Catastrophe, Alpha Swarm, Run Fox Run, Hospital Havoc 2, Monster Tower, Magic Defender, NinjaGuy, Penguin Glide...
07-07-2011, 01:15 PM
#5
Agreed. The one on the right seems to pop out more than the other 2.

I review apps on my YouTube channel! If you would like me to review your app then message me! CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF GAMES I'VE BETA TESTED
07-07-2011, 01:16 PM
#6
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,138
yea... I like the right one, and then the center one 2nd. btw, so deo is actually named angry birds and developed by rovio? with a 4 star rating?

im back guys!
07-07-2011, 01:32 PM
#7
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by phattestfatty View Post
yea... I like the right one, and then the center one 2nd. btw, so deo is actually named angry birds and developed by rovio? with a 4 star rating?
Haha they wish! LOL jk.

Hm perhaps the one on the right pops more, sure but which one would make you want to click on it more? The one on the right might raise a few thoughts such as, "egh just another game with some sorta ball" and skip through it even though it's not. The one on the left on the other hand would make you question, "hmm what is this??" and encourage to click on it, no? Lol thanx guys!

Twitter: @PeterBabiy
Site: www.strappedtoameteor.com
Games: Go Go Giraffe | DEO | Mr. Dreamer
07-07-2011, 01:33 PM
#8
Joined: May 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,366
I like left one. Oh and I gave feedback of new build with idea of new icon.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
07-07-2011, 01:36 PM
#9
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStrapped View Post
Haha they wish! LOL jk.

Hm perhaps the one on the right pops more, sure but which one would make you want to click on it more? The one on the right might raise a few thoughts such as, "egh just another game with some sorta ball" and skip through it even though it's not. The one on the left on the other hand would make you question, "hmm what is this??" and encourage to click on it, no? Lol thanx guys!
yea, they probably do wish. this game blows angry birds' sorry *** out of the water

and I wasn't really thinking like that. I was thinking which one I'd rather have on my screen..... IDK if I thought about it the way you put it...

im back guys!
07-07-2011, 01:43 PM
#10
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
I like left one. Oh and I gave feedback of new build with idea of new icon.
Yeah saw that, too. Thank you so much! Not sure about that icon though...seems like it might be a lil too much detail n stuff going on. Want it a bit more simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phattestfatty View Post
yea, they probably do wish. this game blows angry birds' sorry *** out of the water

Hahaha, u just earned a few cool point from me!!!

and I wasn't really thinking like that. I was thinking which one I'd rather have on my screen..... IDK if I thought about it the way you put it...
I just changed the desc., a lil bit.

Twitter: @PeterBabiy
Site: www.strappedtoameteor.com
Games: Go Go Giraffe | DEO | Mr. Dreamer