★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Monster Invasion (Viking Invaders) is now Free!

07-07-2011, 01:28 PM
The Monster Invasion (Viking Invaders) is now Free!

Hi All,

I'm happy to announce that our latest labour of love is free from now till over the weekend. Enjoy

Youtube link | Pop Up

07-07-2011, 01:49 PM
This is seriously one fun little game especially for high score Junkees like myself . Everyone should give this a go I'm off to leave my review on the app store

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!

07-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
This is seriously one fun little game especially for high score Junkees like myself . Everyone should give this a go I'm off to leave my review on the app store
Glad you enjoy the game. Always love to hear feedbacks, good or bad. It helps us to go on and continue our effort as indie game developer . Love to hear more feedbacks from others on this thread. Thanks again Howlingwolf.
07-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Isn't this just a direct clone of Zombie Assault (just look at the third image of the set)?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-07-2011, 02:36 PM
@Lord Gek I sort of see what you mean but apart from them being on rooftops and the piece of wood between the two I feel it's a bit harsh to say it's a rip . I haven't played the other game but from what I can make out gameplay is totally different too

Edit on second look I see a few more things too so maybe you are right as for gameplay I don't know as I said not played the other game

Last edited by Howlingwolf; 07-07-2011 at 02:40 PM.
07-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Quote:
@Lord Gek I sort of see what you mean but apart from them being on rooftops and the piece of wood between the two I feel it's a bit harsh to say it's a rip . I haven't played the other game but from what I can make out gameplay is totally different too
It is a LOT MORE than that.

2-3 rows of guys coming across and needing to perfectly time the traps (a trap door, heavy object, and laser).

Look at the gameplay (starting a minute in) and explain how it is unique.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Every game is inspired by other games, that isn't my issue, I just want my clones to add something unique besides graphics and maybe I'm missing key subtle differences between the two games.

My iTunes Reviews
07-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Sorry for the double post but I have to say this having watched the vid of the other game I take back my previous endorsement for this game as it is a complete rip of the the other game .

@ the devloper I will be re writing my previous app store review to point out the fact too and shame on you as an indie developer for doing it in the first place . Indie developing to me is about fresh ideas not blatant copying .

Ok rant over off to give my money to the other games developers

07-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
It is a LOT MORE than that.

2-3 rows of guys coming across and needing to perfectly time the traps (a trap door, heavy object, and laser).

Look at the gameplay (starting a minute in) and explain how it is unique.

YouTube: video

Every game is inspired by other games, that isn't my issue, I just want my clones to add something unique besides graphics and maybe I'm missing key subtle differences between the two games.
No totally agree now and well spotted sir

07-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Isn't this just a direct clone of Zombie Assault (just look at the third image of the set)?

A legitimate question. Honestly No. To be frank we didn't even know it exist. The original flash version of our Viking Invaders was launch before 2009 (Around 2008). Of course we tried to improve and adapt the Flash Version for the iPhone. Wasn't a straight port though

Last edited by CitizenTree; 07-07-2011 at 04:13 PM.
07-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Quote:
No totally agree now and well spotted sir
From the production values it is clear Citizen Tree has talent and MAYBE there are some subtle differences, but, grrr, it sure looked the same to me.

My iTunes Reviews