• Publisher: MumboJumbo
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 76.2 MB
  • Version: 1.1.1
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.5 (4)
App description: "Glowfish is aquatic exploration nirvana. It's got absolutely everything going for it. It plays like a dream, looks and sounds like a dream, and fills you with a real sense of wonder. There's no other word for the whole package other than 'magical.' Glowfish is a must have for every single iPad owner." - Gamezebo.com

"The game's gorgeous, even by MumboJumbo standards, and the whole experience is just pleasant. Check this one out." - Snackbar-Games.com

"... A glowing visual feast masquerading as a fun underwater adventure game for your iPad. If you've played and enjoyed games like Osmos, then you'll love what GlowFish has to offer." - AppAdvice.com

"The sound is perfect for the gameplay and sounds great with or without headphones. The music is moody and atmospheric without being overwhelming or overbearing. Did I mention that the game is gorgeous?" - BulletProofPixel.com

"With over 50 levels, you'll be constantly surprised and pleased by everything that Glowfish HD throws at you." - Square-Go.com

The evil Dr. Urchin has kidnapped Coralline! Its up to Glowfish to free his lady friend and sea pals everywhere from his clutches in this underwater platform adventure.

50 vibrant, colorful ocean landscapes await in this arcade-style underwater adventure game. Filled with charming sea creatures, you must navigate your way through the twists and turns of each maze level with a fluid joystick control system.

Bewarewhile you scour the ocean floor in search of lost friends waiting for rescue, a host of enemies is lurking! Each level takes you deeper in the unique ocean world with new challenges and enemies at every turn. Gather your friends to make Glowfish bigger and better at challenging the boss on each level. Set the captive friends free by surrounding Glowfish with a powerful ring of friends, or circle the enemy to fire your blasting bubbles and win each arcade battle.

Add to your team by collecting powerful Glow Chums to help you along the way, and upgrade them by collecting coins to give you even more of an edge in each boss battle! Dive in and be prepared to be dazzled by Glowfish.

FEATURES

50 A-Maze-ing platform adventure levels
Unlock all 8 Glow Chums
Collect coins to upgrade your Glow Chums
Dominate in each Boss Battle
Get 4 Stars on each level
25 Achievements
Hours of family-friendly entertainment

Visit us on the App Store at http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/mumbojumbo/id312416866
to find more amazing casual games from MumboJumbo including: the Luxor Series, Midnight Mysteries Series, 7 Wonders Series and more!

Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MumboJumboGames
Follow us on Twitter: @MumboJumboGames

djflippy's comments:

Big thanks to Sanuku for shooting the much sought after first 10 minutes of gameplay.
07-18-2011, 02:33 PM
This game is phenomenal. It's positively bursting with charm, mood, and theme. It has, quite honestly, some of the best graphics I've seen on the iPad, perfectly suited to the theme. This thing is going directly to the front page, do not pass go. Love this.

Now Playing: Danmaku Unlimited 2 | Year Walk | Battle of the Bulge | DJMAX RAY | Groove Coaster Zero | Battle Academy | SmartGo Kifu | Eighty-Eight | Lead Wars

07-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
This game is phenomenal. It's positively bursting with charm, mood, and theme. It has, quite honestly, some of the best graphics I've seen on the iPad, perfectly suited to the theme. This thing is going directly to the front page, do not pass go. Love this.
Bought this on your recommendation, glad I did, it's brilliant

Best Games: Tilt to Live, Mini Motor Racing, Death Rally, NBA Jam, Spirit, Silverfish, Flipship, Wispin, Space Tripper, Super Crossfire, Red Nova, Vertex Blaster, Modern Combat 2, Hard Lines, Sentinel 3, Mad Wheels .......Follow me on Twitter @unclelimey
07-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Any videos out there?
07-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Any videos out there?
Just what I was wondering. Had a sniff around and couldn't find anything...

andiR : Game Center || OnlyAndi : twitter
07-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
Just what I was wondering. Had a sniff around and couldn't find anything...
I will film something tomorrow and upload to YouTube, it's late here in uk, otherwise I would do it now.. Need sleep

Best Games: Tilt to Live, Mini Motor Racing, Death Rally, NBA Jam, Spirit, Silverfish, Flipship, Wispin, Space Tripper, Super Crossfire, Red Nova, Vertex Blaster, Modern Combat 2, Hard Lines, Sentinel 3, Mad Wheels .......Follow me on Twitter @unclelimey
07-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Any videos out there?
Imagine something that is roughly 10x better than the screenshots and that may approach the real thing. A beautifully realized undersea world, possibly on another planet, filled with rich color and subtly animated plant-life flowing to the current, with calming music and bubbling sounds. Then a set of jaws 6 times your size emerges from the depths and gnashes its teeth. Mommies protect their babies; it's a rule of nature. You will do the same.

This is a great example of a developer realizing their vision perfectly, in the same way the developer of Tiny Wings did. This is truly something special. If you like Flow, Osmos, Eufloria, exploration, happiness, or the feeling that there is still beauty in the universe, you want this. 5/5 Stars

Now Playing: Danmaku Unlimited 2 | Year Walk | Battle of the Bulge | DJMAX RAY | Groove Coaster Zero | Battle Academy | SmartGo Kifu | Eighty-Eight | Lead Wars

Last edited by djflippy; 07-18-2011 at 05:56 PM. Reason: added rating
07-18-2011, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
Imagine something that is roughly 10x better than the screenshots and that may approach the real thing. A beautifully realized undersea world, possibly on another planet, filled with rich color and subtly animated plant-life flowing to the current, with calming music and bubbling sounds. Then a set of jaws 6 times your size emerges from the depths and gnashes its teeth. Mommies protect their babies; it's a rule of nature. You will do the same.

This is a great example of a developer realizing their vision perfectly, in the same way the developer of Tiny Wings did. This is truly something special. If you like Flow, Osmos, Eufloria, exploration, happiness, or the feeling that there is still beauty in the universe, you want this. 5/5 Stars

Okay, picked this up and I agree with you.
07-18-2011, 06:26 PM
Game looks good
,but six bucks is too much. Waiting for sale
07-18-2011, 07:02 PM
Does it allow you to have more than one game going at the same time? (Multiple save slots/profiles?)