Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-27-2011, 04:57 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default World Without End by Steve Uy (Avengers Initiative, XMen)

Hello, I am Steve Uy, comic book creator and artist of Feather (Image) and Jova's Harvest (Arcana Studios), and artist of Marvel and DC books such as Avengers Initiative, Uncanny X Men, Iceman, JSA Classified, Legion of Superheroes in the 31st Century, and so on.

I am currently developing a strategy RPG game for the ios and android platform, entitled World Without End. It is a one man operation, and wired has already posted the first article on it here:
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/0...d-without-end/

I apologize if I put this in the wrong forum, I'm new to these boards and I'm trying to spread the word to give everyone a first look as fast as I can.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ndroid-by-stev

Steve Uy
http://steveuy.com/

Last edited by steveruy; 07-28-2011 at 10:21 PM..
Old 07-27-2011, 05:02 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Looks awesome, due I sure to your comic book background. I hope it animated fluidly.

So the game is based more around abilities rather than grinding for experience?
Old 07-27-2011, 05:10 PM

There is no experience in the game, so you cannot overlevel and break it. You earn battle points, and customize your characters with skills. The difficulty of the game will depend entirely on your strategy.

The most in depth look at the game for now can be found on my kickstarter page linked above.

As for the animations, I am doing this alone so there are limitations, I've reached my limit at about a thousand frames... but for the most part it should meet or exceed a $30 DS game. This game will go for $2.99.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:16 PM

Wow! (...because anything else I attempt to comment would just amount to embarassing rambling, giggles, and tears of glee).
Old 07-27-2011, 05:19 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

WOW It certainly looks very good!!!
After reading the wired article (strong storyline!!!) I'm already hyped.
Is there any timeframe for the game beino competed?
Old 07-27-2011, 05:25 PM

This is my first game so I don't know how long it would take to finish, but I'm hoping by xmas. It's already being programmed, and 95% of the art is already done, so it only depends on how long it takes the programmers to code it.

The only thing standing in the way would be if kickstarter fails to meet the funding goal in a month... then I'd have to delay it so I can find a way to pay the rent (curse you, life!)
Old 07-27-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveruy View Post
This is my first game so I don't know how long it would take to finish, but I'm hoping by xmas. It's already being programmed, and 95% of the art is already done, so it only depends on how long it takes the programmers to code it.

The only thing standing in the way would be if kickstarter fails to meet the funding goal in a month... then I'd have to delay it so I can find a way to pay the rent (curse you, life!)
Welcome to the forums, Steve. Game looks pretty amazing, but then again you had me at "handdrawn" and "SRPG." Please keep us posted as you make progress. I'll check out the Kickstarter page and see if I can help.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:39 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Well that Wired article is a start, but you'll need to get the word out on Toucharcade front page, Pocketgamer.co.uk, Touchgen, SlideToPlay, 148apps, IGN Wireless, AppAdvice, etc to drum up people in a month.

You also need to promote the youtube Kickstarter video rather than relying on people visiting Kickstarter first.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:50 PM

Thanks for the advice, I sent a shout out at those sites you mentioned. Any more you think a game like this would raise interest in?
Old 07-27-2011, 09:39 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

A free roam SRPG sounds pretty awesome to me. Sounds sort of like Parasite Eve, but with a party which would be pretty darn awesome. The game looks absolutely beautiful too. Best of luck on this project, I'm eager to see how it turns out.