★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: FATCAT RUSH is a cute'n'perky 3D arcade runner by Finnish indie developer Tomodomo.

- WHAT THE PRESS SAID -
The game is very well done, very cute, and really is a blast to play. Great level design, wonderful controls and physics, along with great scoring does make it a game that you will want to play through completely.
iTracki.com - 4.6/5

If youre looking for a simple, fun game to pass some time, Fatcat Rush is a fantastic choice.
AppsAffair

I think this game's biggest appeal is going to be with score hounds that like to replay each level to perfection
TouchArcade - 4/5

- WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT -
Arcade runner action
Easy to learn, a challenge to master
Beautiful handmade 3D graphics
Perfect for collectors and high score chasers alike
Apple GameCenter integration
20 challenging achievements and collectibles

- THE STORY SO FAR -
Tombo is a sumo and sushi loving feline whose appetite leaves others pale in comparison. He lives in a house on the very top of a colossal tower and every week a shipment of his favorite food is sent to him by hot-air balloon. One day the weather takes a turn for the worse and a bold of lightning strikes the balloon. Tombo can't but watch helplessly as the balloon and all of his precios food crash to the ground.

But Tombo being a sumo champion, knows not the feeling of despair but instead feels a burst of resilience (and a growl in his tummy!). He takes a literal leap of faith and dives after the crashing balloon to save the glorious food and to satisfy his ever deepening hunger.

Cats always land on their feet and Tombo know finds himself in the deep underground at the very bottom of his giant tower. The only way is up and its best to be quick about it. You dont want that food to get spoiled!

It's MEOWBUNGA time!
08-20-2011, 08:03 PM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Twitter : [@John_Hasio]
iPhoneHellas Review Team member

08-20-2011, 08:06 PM
thank you for that!

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Repulze, Ravenmark: SOE, Cordy, Incoboto Mini, One Epic Knight, Cardinal Quest 2
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid
08-20-2011, 08:40 PM
First glance of the video I thought it was a clone of "Klonoa Door to Phantomile"
08-20-2011, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weehomer View Post
First glance of the video I thought it was a clone of "Klonoa Door to Phantomile"
Oh... wouldn't that be sooo great... lol... =oD

Repulze, Ravenmark: SOE, Cordy, Incoboto Mini, One Epic Knight, Cardinal Quest 2
syntheticvoid
08-22-2011, 12:59 PM
How is it?

Anyone care to comment on the gameplay?
08-22-2011, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabdog View Post
Anyone care to comment on the gameplay?
In short: not bad at all. The graphics are cute and clever, and, like Diversion (the game this most resembles), the level structure and variety of obstacles makes it feel less like an reaction-based endless runner and more like a single-direction platformer. Performance could be better, though -- I hope that it improves with updates.

Love the music, BTW.
08-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
In short: not bad at all. The graphics are cute and clever, and, like Diversion (the game this most resembles), the level structure and variety of obstacles makes it feel less like an reaction-based endless runner and more like a single-direction platformer. Performance could be better, though -- I hope that it improves with updates.

Love the music, BTW.
Yeah, I talked to the devs, and they said that they're getting ready to submit a performance update in the next week or so... =oD

syntheticvoid
08-22-2011, 06:05 PM
Wow I'm really loving the visuals for this one. The game sort of reminds me of Pandemonium when it came out for PSX a loooong time ago!
08-22-2011, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOR View Post
Wow I'm really loving the visuals for this one. The game sort of reminds me of Pandemonium when it came out for PSX a loooong time ago!
haha... they've got an iOS version of Pandemonium as well... =o)
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pandemonium/id311505089?mt=8

syntheticvoid