Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-21-2011, 11:19 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Default KING OF OPERA (iPad, by Tuokio)

KING OF OPERA - Fight for fame at the opera!

iPad Four Player Gameplay - in Chinese but great video, thanks roach168!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Kids playing King of Opera at airport - Thanks Toshi @apptoi

King of Opera Live! at the Park - Thanks Elior & Co, so funny!

AppStore

King of Opera is a fight for fame at the opera between four tenors. Best-selling game in Asia!
♬ Control a wacky opera singer with simple ONE BUTTON PRESS.
♬ Knock out other tenors off the stage to STEAL THE SPOTLIGHT.
♬ Rock the crowd to become the King of Opera - watch out for POWERFUL BULL TENOR!
♬ Practice against Robot Tenors, have super fun with 2-4 PLAYERS IN LOCAL MULTIPLAYER!

♬ The most unique party game on AppStore, you've not seen anything like this before!
♬ The cheapest, and the craziest opera night for four that you'll ever have.
♬ From Tuokio, your local multiplayer experts. More players, more fun!

Links
♬ Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kingofopera
♬ YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/fivetenors

Why we developed King of Opera
With King of Opera we wanted to create a party game that, anybody regardless of their gender or age, could enjoy at a family and friends gathering. We chose opera as the theme for the game as opera is equally weird setting for a game for everybody, and not used in games before. Also, tenors felt like natural fit for the spin and push mechanic, and also looked funny, in a positive way. We decided go with a simple, single button, control mechanic so that everybody can play without having to spend a lot of time learning controls. We set a goal of keeping the gameplay "as simple as humanly possible" without adding any extra elements to spice it up, such as pickable power-ups. We wanted to start with one great game mode first, and then add more modes later if enough people like the game.

Last edited by Tuokio Inc.; 12-11-2011 at 08:29 AM..
Old 08-21-2011, 11:34 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Finally had/took the time to create an "official" thread for King of Opera, for iPad too.

Big thanks for the fans of the game for the threads you've created but I did the official thread as we're, maybe, getting ready for some updates to this game so I wanted to be able to edit the "first page" with links and game media etc.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:02 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

this is a musttt have
Old 08-21-2011, 12:16 PM

My kids have really enjoyed KoO and I look forward to seeing what else you guys might be doing with it (different songs, different backgrounds, other modes than King of the Hill?). That damn song they sing just STICKS in your head, not necessarily in a bad way
Old 08-21-2011, 12:43 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZureaL View Post
My kids have really enjoyed KoO and I look forward to seeing what else you guys might be doing with it (different songs, different backgrounds, other modes than King of the Hill?). That damn song they sing just STICKS in your head, not necessarily in a bad way
Yeah, it sure does : )

We've listened our share of "La donna č mobile", and also folks who're in the same startup space with us. We actually did a boyband version of the Four Tenors's singing last week to thank them "for understanding". : )

We've currently experimenting with new game modes, with different songs but sticking to opera and classical music. Quite fun to listen to those songs, try to match them to gameplay of different style and speed etc.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuokio Inc. View Post
with different songs but sticking to opera and classical music.
Oh please do. There's bound to be opera in the public domain that you guys could use for more songs that are catchy. Both my kids play stringed instruments (oldest plays cello, youngest plays violin) and I love the fact that using classical music in a fun way helps them appreciate it even more. It's one of my favorite aspects of the game.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:53 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZureaL View Post
Oh please do. There's bound to be opera in the public domain that you guys could use for more songs that are catchy. Both my kids play stringed instruments (oldest plays cello, youngest plays violin) and I love the fact that using classical music in a fun way helps them appreciate it even more. It's one of my favorite aspects of the game.
That's great to hear!

We're planning to add 2-4 songs, the classics "everybody knows". : )
Old 08-24-2011, 08:17 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Welcoming Plácido Domingo to Finland, our home country, for his performance today. They say Domingo is the King of Opera. We say - you can be the King of Opera! La la laa! ; )
Attached Images
File Type: png King of Opera, The Yellow King.png (274.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 08-31-2011, 10:46 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Sneak peak of King of Opera's new member of the opera crew - the Brass Tenor with wind-up toy mechanic! ; ) First appearance in next update, early October or so.
Attached Images
File Type: png The Brass Tenor.png (290.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-10-2011, 12:15 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

The opera world has moved forward really slow, I guess it's characteristic to high culture establishments, but now this fellow has been spotted on King of Opera development builds!