App description: Old heroes never die, they just go bald.

From Muteki Corporation, creators of Battle of Pirate Bay and developers of many well-loved iOS titles comes our latest game, Dragon Fantasy.

Experience an all-new adventure on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch! Join Ogden, a hero who's been written off as past his prime as he goes on a new adventure to reclaim his past glory. Engage in battle with dozens of strange, silly and scary monsters in the caves, castles and dungeons of an ancient evil. Meet warriors, princes, pirates, zombies and crazy old woodsmen in an epic journey that's not quite like any RPG you've played before.

Authentic 8-bit artwork and an original soundtrack by renowned Bay Area 8-bit musician, Crashfaster keeps the game true to its retro roots.

Boardumb's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

TA Preview: http://toucharcade.com/2011/06/10/e3...-corportation/
08-24-2011, 07:53 AM
No love/reviews/thoughts on this one ?

08-24-2011, 08:08 AM
Game Impressions

HD Gameplay Trailer (iPad 2):

Part I/II:

Part II/II:

Note:

First 30. Minutes of Gameplay. I really like it.

Last edited by Sanuku; 08-26-2011 at 11:39 PM. Reason: HD Gameplay Trailer added.
08-24-2011, 08:18 AM
looks awesome actually how long is it and how fun is it would be my only questions before jumping in and buying it

http://www.planetminecraft.com/serve...creative-more/
Check out this sweet minecraft server with factions, survival, creative, 5 types of minigames (including parkour with 5 different courses) as well as skyblock and skygrid worlds!
Join with the address: mc.eternalempire.co.uk
08-24-2011, 08:25 AM
Now i just count down the hours till i get to play it.

Playing: Plants Vs. Zombies, Angry Birds:Rio, and Infinity Blade.
Games I need money to buy: Chaos Rings 2, and Infinity Blade 2.
Games Im Waiting on: Wawa Land,Zenforms
08-24-2011, 08:34 AM
Hi All, I was a beta tester on this game and I have to say they really nailed the classic NES-era gameplay & feel! Highly recommened for fans of the genre.

I also really love the sense of humor in the game, it's bound to keep you smiling.

Fuzzy Professor Head LLC -- Makers of Puppysaurus! On Twitter / Facebook
08-24-2011, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyprofessorhead View Post
Hi All, I was a beta tester on this game and I have to say they really nailed the classic NES-era gameplay & feel! Highly recommened for fans of the genre.

I also really love the sense of humor in the game, it's bound to keep you smiling.
do you know how long a playthrough takes that my only question now

http://www.planetminecraft.com/serve...creative-more/
Check out this sweet minecraft server with factions, survival, creative, 5 types of minigames (including parkour with 5 different courses) as well as skyblock and skygrid worlds!
Join with the address: mc.eternalempire.co.uk
08-24-2011, 08:37 AM
A few questions please !

Is it a large non-linear world ? You dont have to do missions in order ? Is there one 'main' mission and then lots of smaller side ones ?

I didnt find the video that useful as there were constant fights and not enough seeing the main character move around in the world/villages etc.

Do attacks happen randomly or are there monsters you can see (so you can try to avoid). Just thinking of Ultima where you would see the enemy and try to avoid them

Sorry for all the questions, hope its a huge non-linear world
08-24-2011, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
A few questions please !
Is it a large non-linear world ? You dont have to do missions in order ? Is there one 'main' mission and then lots of smaller side ones ?
The world is very large, mostly linear. You CAN go off the beaten path, but you might encounter way powerful monsters you're not ready for...

Quote:
Do attacks happen randomly or are there monsters you can see (so you can try to avoid). Just thinking of Ultima where you would see the enemy and try to avoid them
It's random encounters. They're full on retro here.

Also, to the poster who asked about playtime, I'm not the best person to ask -- as a tester I stopped/restarted a lot so it's hard for me to tell.

Fuzzy Professor Head LLC -- Makers of Puppysaurus! On Twitter / Facebook
08-24-2011, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyprofessorhead View Post
The world is very large, mostly linear. You CAN go off the beaten path, but you might encounter way powerful monsters you're not ready for...
Thanks, still sounds good. Was hoping for a huge non-linear world but it still sounds (and looks) great. I'll be buying this at midnight tonight