App description: IGN Best 0f 2011 Winner
BAFTA Scotland "Game of the Year" 2011

9/10 IGN "An ingenious mixture of board game strategy and Scrabble-esque wordplay!"

4/5 Touch Arcade a game with wide appeal that youll want to keep coming back to.

5/5 The Guardian a must buy for Scrabble and Words With Friends fanatics...

9/10 Pocket Gamer a meticulously-constructed gem of a word game

QUARREL is the most novel word game ever made. But dont just take our word for it download it now for FREE and enter a universe where WORDS (11 points) literally speak louder than ACTIONS (8 points).

Use a cool combination of word power and strategic cunning to crush your opponents and reign supreme. Come settle your differences with wordplay rather than swordplay; make verbal not chemical weapons; load up with letters not bullets and use chatter to batter your enemies into submission and rule the world.

Compete to use your troops to make the highest-scoring word from the letters given then capture territories and conquer islands in this wholly original virtual board game.

* 4 fun ways to play: Quick Match, Make Match, Domination and the global Daily Challenge.
* Unlimited replay through the distinctive skills and play styles of 9 opponents combined with the unique strategic challenges of 12 different islands and thousands of anagrams.
* Tweet magic moments such as amusing word coincidences and share your glories through Facebook.
* Dictionary definitions for all 114,000+ words.
* Handy personal and public records with over a dozen compelling Game Center Leaderboards (including exclusive clubs).
* Plus! Over three-dozen excellent Game Center Achievement badges to collect.

"Collins Official SCRABBLE Dictionary" 2nd Edition 2007
HarperCollins Publishers 2005, 2007

New England Gamer's comments:

(Xbox Live Trailer)

Lite: http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/quarrel/id452995099?mt=8

X Box version video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E8AxGN8-eY
08-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Well this looks like it has potential.

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey

08-24-2011, 11:20 AM
Game looks fun...anyone know the difference between the lite and the deluxe versions?

Besides the price...obviously.
08-24-2011, 11:25 AM
The lite is just a demo...

I've been following this game for years. Really looking forward to finally getting my hands on it
08-24-2011, 10:25 PM
super fun word game!!!

but: as a german! it is really hard to win a game! i just wonder why german developers can't create a fun good looking word game! anyway: this game is so much fun: one of the best wordgames in the store! highly recommended!PS: just tried the free version!!!

Last edited by jag64; 08-24-2011 at 10:27 PM.
08-24-2011, 10:37 PM
Is the Deluxe version multiplayer or do you just play vs the computer?
08-25-2011, 01:12 AM
just played the light version! i think there is no multiplayer game! only against computer! BUT this game needs online battles! i think i grab the full version! perhaps i learn more english words!!! this is pure fun!!!!

Last edited by jag64; 08-25-2011 at 01:35 AM.
08-25-2011, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jag64 View Post
but: as a german! it is really hard to win a game! i just wonder why german developers can't create a fun good looking word game! anyway: this game is so much fun: one of the best wordgames in the store! highly recommended!PS: just tried the free version!!!
Na und wie deutsche Entwickler so ein Spiel entwickeln koennen!
I was part of the team making the game and translated a version into german a while back, but that was just a rough prototype.
But yeah, if the takes off and enough people request it, localised versions are definitely on the plan!

Just go to the Quarrel-FAQ and request it. And anything else you think would add to the game... (You can find the link under Social Stuff, Feedback and Updates)

In terms of languages. In the beginning I lost every single battle because I just didn't know enough English words. I can safely say I learned a ton of words in the last years of playing Quarrel. Kali, bring it on.
08-27-2011, 07:52 AM
This is an amazing game, but I desperately want multiplayer in there.
08-30-2011, 07:42 PM
Great word game and universal - bought.
Multiplayer would be nice but not required in my opinion.