★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "BEST NEW ONLINE GAME" ~ GDC Awards Nominee

"Just between you and me, dragon parks are pretty rad." ~ TouchArcade.com

Hatched a dragon lately? Play DragonVale and raise, feed and breed your own lovable dragons.

PLEASE NOTE! DragonVale is completely free to play, but some game items can also be purchased for real money. If you don't want to use this feature, please disable in-app purchases. DragonVale requires an internet connection to play (3G or WiFi).

ALSO NOTE! By playing DragonVale you may find yourself hopelessly addicted to hatching and caring for adorable dragons. You may find yourself feeding them treats, watching them grow, building and decorating their habitats, and inviting others in to view them in their floating island home. You may even find yourself choosing pairs for breeding, or racing dragons to compete for awesome prizes.

DragonVale is an enticing social experience from Backflip Studios that is sure to keep you entertained. You get:

- Dozens of adorable dragons to raise
- A magical island you build in the sky
- Custom habitats where dragons graze
- Dragon races where you win great prizes
- Paths and decorations to delight your visitors
- Farms to grow dragon treats
- Full-color visuals and sparkling animations
- An original Renaissance music soundtrack
- Support for Game Center and Facebook to visit other parks and trade gifts

Don't just take our word for it. Here's what the press has to say about DragonVale:

"This new title has a depth and higher quality of art thats reminiscent of the work that went into early console games." ~ VentureBeat.com

"Jurassic Park was cool, but really it doesn't have anything on DragonVale." ~ Gamezebo.com

"It builds up nicely, the art is colorful and fun." ~ TUAW.com

And to think it all started with an egg.

Install DragonVale today. It's free!

DragonVale is brought to you by Backflip Studios, makers of absurdly fun mobile games like Paper Toss, NinJump, Ragdoll Blaster, Strike Knight, Army of Darkness, Shape Shift and Graffiti Ball. Search the App Store for "Backflip Studios" to see all our apps.

Follow @BackflipStudios on Twitter for free game announcements and other updates.

Thanks for playing!

eleventeen's comments:

The developers at Backflip Studios (me included) are excited to announce DragonVale is now available around the world.

If you're looking for friends, check out this thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=105689
09-14-2011, 04:40 PM
looks kind of interesting... =oD

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Cardinal Quest 2, Pixel Dungeon, Asdivine Hearts, Super Retro Bros., Storm The Train
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid

09-15-2011, 06:04 AM
Just played this for am hour or so..
Was pleasantly surprised
It's quite addictive.
Haven't been playing a freemium/ time management game in a while,
Tiny tower frenzy finished a while back now..
Hope this keeps me hooked for a while
I was going to buy quite a bit off snacks, and gems and stuff but I wanted to ask a few questions first to make sure this will be a game I will play for a while

Do you have to be connected to the Internet to play?
It doesn't seem to connect when I turn wifi off, which means I won't be able to check it if I'm away from home.

Will there be updates?

Does having different dragons improve anything? Or do you get the same benefits by having all of the Same dragon?
(my island is almost all lead at the moment, to build up some cash)

Do decorations have any benefits other than prettiness?
09-15-2011, 06:27 AM
This is a fun game no doubt I just started lv 4 at the moment... is there a way to add friends and what not?? I haven't really explored the whole menu yet other than tutorial driven ones :| Anyway this game kinda feels like Trade Nations a lil...
09-15-2011, 11:57 AM
Hey all! Justin from Backflip Studios here. Glad you're all enjoying the game thus far! Allow me to answer a few of your questions...

Do you have to be connected to the Internet to play? Yes, the game does require a data connection in order to play, whether it's Wi-Fi, 3G, Edge, etc.

Will there be updates? Absolutely! We're hard at work on content updates including things like new dragons and decorations, and hope to make them available as soon as possible!

Does having different dragons improve anything? Or do you get the same benefits by having all of the Same dragon? Each dragon has its own unique gold collection rate (which increases with its level and can be viewed by tapping on an individual dragon in its habitat) and also draws a different number of visitors to your park. You can build your park however you want!

Do decorations have any benefits other than prettiness? You earn experience points for placing decorations in your park. It also allows you to customize the look of your park and show it off to all your friends on Game Center.

is there a way to add friends and what not?? Any of your friends on Game Center or Facebook who have the game (and have authorized it), will show up under the Friends menu (located in the lower right hand corner of the screen, next to the Market). Note: In order to see your Facebook friends playing the game, you must first authorize the game through Facebook yourself.

We appreciate all of your support and we're very excited about the future of DragonVale. Stay tuned for news and information on future updates!

Justin Sicking - Game Designer at Backflip Studios
http://www.backflipstudios.com/
Follow us on Twitter
Game Center ID: Jablestein

Last edited by Jables; 09-15-2011 at 03:22 PM.
09-16-2011, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the work put into this, feels near bug free and a very much enjoyable game experience so far

Two requests for future update consideration :
- the ability to move from friend to friend when out visiting without having to return home in-between each visit.
- either let us adjust the interface size or simply shrink it by about 30 percent on the iPad so we can enjoy the real-estate more

Thanks again, keep up the great work

Gamecenter : taeles
09-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeles View Post
Thanks for the work put into this, feels near bug free and a very much enjoyable game experience so far

Two requests for future update consideration :
- the ability to move from friend to friend when out visiting without having to return home in-between each visit.
- either let us adjust the interface size or simply shrink it by about 30 percent on the iPad so we can enjoy the real-estate more

Thanks again, keep up the great work
Thank you very much for the kind words! We're glad to hear you're enjoying the game. We also appreciate all the feedback and we'll definitely take it into consideration when working on our updates.

Justin Sicking - Game Designer at Backflip Studios
http://www.backflipstudios.com/
Follow us on Twitter
Game Center ID: Jablestein
09-16-2011, 10:33 AM
Keeps on crashing on load. :S
09-16-2011, 10:36 AM
Brilliant game!
Add my girlfriend moo_moo_uk she needs gems and will send them back

Check out my new website for everything Vita!!
please follow me on TWITTER
Am i man? or a very manly muppet??

Last edited by mashead2000; 01-18-2012 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Moo_moo_uk add her plz
09-16-2011, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jables View Post
Hey all! Justin from Backflip Studios here. Glad you're all enjoying the game thus far! Allow me to answer a few of your questions...

Do you have to be connected to the Internet to play? Yes, the game does require a data connection in order to play, whether it's Wi-Fi, 3G, Edge, etc.

Will there be updates? Absolutely! We're hard at work on content updates including things like new dragons and decorations, and hope to make them available as soon as possible!

Does having different dragons improve anything? Or do you get the same benefits by having all of the Same dragon? Each dragon has its own unique gold collection rate (which increases with its level and can be viewed by tapping on an individual dragon in its habitat) and also draws a different number of visitors to your park. You can build your park however you want!

Do decorations have any benefits other than prettiness? You earn experience points for placing decorations in your park. It also allows you to customize the look of your park and show it off to all your friends on Game Center.

is there a way to add friends and what not?? Any of your friends on Game Center or Facebook who have the game (and have authorized it), will show up under the Friends menu (located in the lower right hand corner of the screen, next to the Market). Note: In order to see your Facebook friends playing the game, you must first authorize the game through Facebook yourself.

We appreciate all of your support and we're very excited about the future of DragonVale. Stay tuned for news and information on future updates!
Thank you for such a detailed reply
Ive bought 3 lots of gems so far..thinking about buying the 30ish pack to save some money cause I think I'd need a hell of a lot of 50 packs to stay satisfied.
Can't wait for more updates..cant wait to get that rainbow dragon!