Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-21-2011, 11:48 PM
iPad 2

Default The Secret Castle (Platronic Games)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Hi everyone,

I'm John Francis, owner of Platronic and designer for The Secret Castle, our first iOS game. The Secret Castle is a holographic hidden picture/puzzle game and I believe to be the first of it's kind on the App Store. I've seen a couple of tech demos doing something similar but never a full game behind it.

Please check out our site at www.platronicgames.com and let me know what you think of our teaser trailer.

We intend to release the game this year and have made a ton of progress over the last few months on it. I'm going to be pretty active in these forums over the next few months as I think this will be a really valuable source of info and hopefully I can be a somewhat useful resource to the other gamers and developers on this site.

Please feel free to friend me on Facebook and give me any suggestions on price, type, and features you would like to see in an app like this as we move further into development.

Finally, I'm more than happy to embed a youtube or vimeo video in this post if someone can tell me how to do it. I'm not regular forum guy so these things are kinda new to me.

Last edited by John Francis; 02-15-2013 at 10:42 PM..
Old 09-21-2011, 11:52 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

You embed youtube vids by wrapping the youtube code with hdyoutube tags. In other words, if the video is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVRrZ9GGILw

Then (without spaces) you put
[hdyoutube ]AVRrZ9GGILw[/hdyoutube ]
Old 09-22-2011, 12:06 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Wow looks stunning! Good look!
Old 09-22-2011, 03:16 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

good look
Old 09-22-2011, 07:11 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Well that got my attention
Old 09-22-2011, 09:36 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Wow! That looks detailed and amazing! I really liked his hair rustling as he walked. How does the 3-d stereoscopic effect look on the smaller iPod/iPhone screen?

Last edited by paul.hendricks; 09-22-2011 at 09:40 AM..
Old 09-22-2011, 09:38 AM
iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnok View Post
Well that got my attention
Thanks a ton. It's been really exciting figuring out to great puzzles that work within in a holographic system and our upcoming level demo will really illustrate the wide variety of stuff each level has to do as well what we hope is a fun and engaging story.

If you like what you see please remember to like us on facebook. Also, in the media section you will find some awesome wallpapers that our artist did to promote the game.

I've decided I'm going to at least post a screenshot from the first level in the couple of days so I'll make sure to put it in the thread when I take it.

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:47 AM
iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.hendricks View Post
Wow! That looks detailed and amazing! I really liked his hair rustling as he walked. How does the 3-d stereoscopic effect look on the smaller iPod/iPhone screen?
Refreshingly it looks great. The accelerometer drives everything well and the pinch/zoom functionality allows for easy navigation. The funny thing is we had to "invent" new methods of manipulating 3D space because your perspective can hide objects again when you zoom around the screen.

I'm currently building the game around Iphone 4, testing on a 3GS, and throwing it on the Ipad 2 for fun. The only reason the trailer is even an Ipad 2 is the holographic effect only looks right when filmed live on a device and the Ipad screen was definitely easier to film.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:12 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Looks amazing! I like how you must tilt to look around or something! And zoom is also something new and great! Can we see more gameplay later? Does it have puzzles?
Old 09-22-2011, 01:28 PM
iPhone 4

Looks fantastic. Definately one to watch