★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Prevail - Open universe game - by Johnny Two Shoes - DEV BLOG (Plunderland creators)

10-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Prevail - Open universe game - by Johnny Two Shoes - DEV BLOG (Plunderland creators)

Prevail is a new open world galaxy game from Johnny Two Shoes - makers of the critically acclaimed Plunderland.

The game now features procedurally generated galaxies to explore. All planets featured in the new trailer were made this way

NEW TRAILER

4 MIN GAMEPLAY PREVIEW

Follow @jtsgames on twitter!

Please feel free to ask questions or share opinions, we are working on something we think is quite special. Its been months of secret development, we write all technology and tools ourselves, trying to create a unique and exciting experience.

What kind of game is it?

This is an open world/universe, you have to discover ways to travel around, make alliances and solve a mystery. Find new places, life forms, architecture, vehicles, spaceships, weapons, animals etc

It is a mission based game with a lot of choice and impact, visceral gameplay with large scale and variety. We are focused on adventure, experimentation and fun.

A hint at the breadth of gameplay in Prevail, an in game screenshot

Mining

ART

Last edited by joshsslade; 07-26-2015 at 10:02 AM. Reason: New trailer
10-19-2011, 12:01 PM
This looks great. Love the look and feel of it. GodFinger-ish?

10-19-2011, 12:18 PM
Wow. Looks awesome from the trailer. Eagerly anticipating this one. I loved Plunderland. All I can say is:

Your announcement details are pretty high-reaching, I hope you get there
10-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Sweet. Can't wait for this one.
10-19-2011, 12:44 PM
Ah yes I have a couple questions. Will this game have more content than Plunderland and can we hope for a release before thanksgiving?
10-19-2011, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertman View Post
Ah yes I have a couple questions. Will this game have more content than Plunderland and can we hope for a release before thanksgiving?
Yes it will have more content than Plunderland, we learnt a lot from that game. One of the biggest things is it was really hard to make updates to Plunderland and eventually we hit technical limits.

With this game we have built the engine with easy updates and new content in mind, we have tools to create new species,planets, spaceships etc and an in engine editor so we can fine tune and add new content much easier.

We are aiming to release before the end of the year, sooner the better. We will be more specific as soon as we feel confident about a date.
10-19-2011, 07:25 PM
Concept art!

Thanks everyone! Glad to hear you're excited about the game, makes the hard work worth while

Here is a little gift for you, a new planet we are working on

10-19-2011, 07:33 PM
that's looking really good guys
10-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Love the art style, and looks like you're trying something new, which is always a big bonus.

Bungie's Myth lives! Play the best RTS/RTT game ever made(with online multiplayer), still going and updated by volunteers more than a decade after release. http://www.getmyth.com
10-19-2011, 07:55 PM
This looks über-kool. I need it now!

As was the case with the fabulous Plunderland, I presume this will be universal (or at least have an 'HD' iPad edition too)?

Is there a window for release as yet?

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja