★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: BoardGameGeek.com says: "A great, well developed app. The gameplay is solid and AI players offer a challenge. 3 out of 4 Stars"

Yehuda Berlinger's monster-building card game comes to life on iOS! Play mad scientist and collect all eight body parts to complete your monster. Each turn, a corpse is dug up from the graveyard. You can buy the part, sell it for a profit, or offer it for auction. You might be lucky enough to unearth a coffin, which can be used in place of any body part. But after a while, you're sure to provoke a villager uprising!

Supports up to 5 Players
Unique AI (Computer) Players
Pass and Play on a Single Device
Save and Resume Single and Multiplayer Games at Any Time
Local Leaderboard / Statistics
Random Starting Player option
Symphonic Musical Score or Play Your Own Music
Illustrated In-Game Rules Manual and Tutorial
Universal App, Designed for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
Official Adaptation of Yehuda Berlinger's Monster-Building Game
Featuring Original Illustrations by RH Aidley

View the trailer on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqFyk5gvQ6w

ojtitus's comments:

Interesting looking board game app. Anyone familiar with this board game or this app?
10-25-2011, 10:45 PM
Never heard of it. I bought it, played it, and it's great! Lots of fun. Very simple mechanic but with a good mix of luck/strategy.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!

10-25-2011, 10:47 PM
I bought this and I love it. Really nice atmosphere to the game with excellent gameplay and art to go along with it.

You can play against computer players just to be clear, I lost the first match I played. This is a card game where you are trying to get your body parts collected before the other players. Each turn you draw a card and then can keep, sell or auction off the card. There is a good amount of strategy especially when it comes to auctioning. with auctioning you can set the price low but you risk losing the card but if you think no one needs it you can get a good deal.

There are also angry villagers that pop up in the deck and they have to be paid a certain amout of coins to appease them.

If you like card games, .99 no brainer.
10-25-2011, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I bought this and I love it. Really nice atmosphere to the game with excellent gameplay and art to go along with it.

You can play against computer players just to be clear, I lost the first match I played. This is a card game where you are trying to get your body parts collected before the other players. Each turn you draw a card and then can keep, sell or auction off the card. There is a good amount of strategy especially when it comes to auctioning. with auctioning you can set the price low but you risk losing the card but if you think no one needs it you can get a good deal.

There are also angry villagers that pop up in the deck and they have to be paid a certain amout of coins to appease them.

If you like card games, .99 no brainer.
Agreed. I lost the first THREE games before I finally won! I'm gonna blame it on the villagers though

Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
10-25-2011, 11:02 PM
Here's the BGG link in case anyone is interested:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/28396/its-alive

10-25-2011, 11:11 PM
Amazon has four of these left for $12+ I think I may order one.
10-26-2011, 12:08 AM
Dang! Another can of soda spent...

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
10-26-2011, 12:20 AM
Any sort of stat or highscore tracking of best games?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
10-26-2011, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Any sort of stat or highscore tracking of best games?
I didn't see any. A high score table would work since you receive a score at the end of the game but honestly this would really only be useful as a local high score table.
10-26-2011, 12:44 AM
I'm not sure if i should get this... I get the basic idea, but i can't imagine how the gameplay works... Is there a video maybe?

Openfeint: littlezoe2
GameCenter: LittleZoeee
Currently Playing: Ghost Trick