★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Necronomicon Redux is a single-player role-playing card game of arcane horror and mystery--Redux is upgraded with HD graphics and supports iPad 1 & 2 and Retina Display devices.

!!!NECRONOMICON REDUX is ON SALE FOR 0.99 CENTS FOR A LIMITED TIME!!!

*** Visit www.lucidspheremedia.com/Necronomicon/necronomicon.html for Game Tutorial ***

Featured by Apple under Games - Adventure/Role-Playing: What's Hot/New & Noteworthy categories on the App Store.

ToppApp Charts:

Ranked Top #8 in Role-Playing Games worldwide on App Store!
Ranked Top #24 in Adventure Games worldwide on App Store!
Ranked Top #121 in Top Games worldwide on the App Store!

DESCRIPTION:

During a game, players take on the roles of investigators in an attempt to thwart the evil machinations of a sinister cult who have stolen the Necronomicon from Miskatonic Universities library, and have used it to open the gateway to another dimension.

The Necronomicon Horror combines the quick, addictive pace of fantasy card games, combined with the dice-rolling strategy of table-top role-playing games. You can win achievements in the game to unlock new bonus content, and there will be support for downloadable expansions in the future.

Grab your electric torches and revolvers! Youll take on the role of unlikely investigators swept up in a battle against cosmic horrors. With the help of allies, weapons, forbidden knowledge, strategy, and a few twists-of-fate, youll attempt to stop the minions of Cthulhu from invading our world.

The Necronomicon Horror features over 100 beautifully designed cards--created by a dream team of talented artists who have worked for some of the biggest movie, book publishing, and game studios in the world.

The Necronomicon Horror will contain the following key features:

* An evolving game setting based on the pulp horror fiction of H.P. Lovecraft.
* Hours of game play a different game and outcome every time you play.
* Outstanding artwork and production values. Play with a deck of over 100+ stunning cards.
* The fast-paced, addictive game play of RPG and Collectible Card Games, play on-the-go, anywhere!
* Free Bonus Content can be unlocked during the game. Expand your deck by winning new cards.

The Necronomicon Horror is a solo player adventure designed to be played in quick, sanity-bending intervals. During a typical game youll play using an 100+ card deck, drawing various investigators, monsters, treasures, weapons, relics, pitfalls, story cards, and special ability cards, which are all scripted to interact with each other in strategic ways. Your goal is to keep your investigators alive to defeat a Monster invasion which threatens all of Arkham.

Like most trading card and role-playing games, the outcome is driven by an exciting interplay of chance, skill, and strategy.

Players will have the option of purchasing future booster decks to expand the game, and collect new and rare cards by winning achievements and high scores.

Lucidsphere Media Games Studio developed The Necronomicon Horror as an innovative way to experience the compulsive fun of horror role-playing and collectible card games on Apple's iOS devices.

ojtitus's comments:

This is a nice surprise, I didn't know exactly when it was coming out. Downloading now.
10-30-2011, 10:57 PM
I'm all over this. Looks great!

10-30-2011, 11:43 PM
Woot! I'm #1 on the leaderboard (out of 10 total players). Lol

That won't last long.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
10-31-2011, 12:11 AM

Thanks Everyone, and remember, Redux is for devices with Retina Display and iPads - there's no difference between this and Necronomicon Horror, as far as features and gameplay. It just has bigger, sharper and higher resolution art and backgrounds.

Both Redux and Necronomicon Horror will be jointly supported with identical updates and features.

Happy Halloween!

Dustin Neff
Lucidsphere Media Games Studio
http://www.lucidspheremedia.com
10-31-2011, 01:20 AM
First comment: no auto-rotate?! Bummer!

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
10-31-2011, 01:52 AM
This is a must buy for me once I reach home later!

GC ID: aaronius80
I loves my Nexus 6 and iPad Air 2 equally!

Playing: The Witcher Battle Arena, The Banner Saga, Hero Emblems and Monument Valley
10-31-2011, 02:05 AM
Downloading. I was waiting for it for a looong time

-----
On GC I am FPEX
10-31-2011, 02:37 AM
This is great, I've been looking forward to it for ages.

One criticism I have is the dice rolling is very abstract and feels much too much like the random number generator that it is. The upshot is a lot of the tension and suspense of the game is lost and it can feel a little mechanical. An excellent example of dice rolling done well on iOS is the gamebook adventure series where the short seconds as the dice settle lead to very tense moments.

One other thing, can anyone tell me where can I find further details on the IAP expansion?
10-31-2011, 03:15 AM
Two things.

1. Please add autorotate.

2. Is all you did just use the same card design but making them smaller to look ok on an iPad? Is that all?

-----
On GC I am FPEX
10-31-2011, 04:05 AM
I don't want autorotate, I don't want bigger cards,
IT LOOKS AWESOME ON iPAD !!! Thats most great stuff I got for 0.99 for ipad. I believe its new top10 game on ipad. Thanks very very very much!