Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-07-2011, 12:17 AM
iPhone 4

Default Planet Wars by Colepowered (tactical team based shooter + TD?)

Video: http://vimeo.com/31478498

Seems like a wicked combination of tactical team based shooter and tower defense plus equipment upgrades and customization!

Any TOFTT?
Old 11-07-2011, 07:31 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Video looks great... Gonna have to snag this!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:50 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

K...

Big complaint; your character constantly stays under your thumb... Making it hard to see exactly where he is.

Other than that, seems fairly decent for a buck... But that one issue is kind of a biggie. Having your character right above your finger would be great...

**edit**

The second control scheme helps a little... You don't need to have two fingers on the screen to shoot, so your character can be moved by touching the left side of the screen, then leaving him there by letting go... =o/

Sorry for not checking that out first...

There are two modes, nice of customization of your gun... Nice spider aliens to kill... Fun fun.

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 11-07-2011 at 08:04 AM..
Old 11-07-2011, 01:56 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

This looks pretty cool, really like the video. Any more gameplay impressions? I'm thinking of getting this, but wouldnt mind seeing more reviews.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:58 PM
iPhone 4

Thx Synth! I waz just about to jump in and buy the game! (still going to!)

I'll leave my impressions soon.

Guess I can put my stylus to good use for this game
Old 11-07-2011, 02:03 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I really think a virtual joystick would do wonders for the gameplay... but aside from that, earning credits for parts is relatively easy, and you get to keep the credits you earn when you die, so if you get stuck, you can just keep playing until you have enough $$ to get a couple better parts.

But another control scheme is (imo) needed.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:25 PM
iPhone 4

Just played the game.

Negative first: the control scheme is weird in a bad way. The character moves directly under your finger on 'first touch' (like some poorly made bullet hell/ shmup). This will will cover up the entire character and prevent you from seeing the rather nice animations. Another point, it's sometimes necessary to switch fingers for movement and shooting when your character moves to the other half of the screen.

Besides the rather inconvenient control scheme, the game from what little I've played is a mixture of excellent animation + art and tactical shooter (haven't touched on the TD elements yet).

The graphics have a very strong comic tone to it, from the color to animations. In a way, everything has a paper look to them. The animations however, are by far the highlight of the graphics. It's detailed, and varied. Enemies die in different ways, sometimes snapping a leg but still alive or splitting apart with a satisfying 'crunch' sound. Also, need I mention fluids flowing out of dead enemies?

The gameplay with better controls can be very interesting. The game is not a run 'n' gun shooter in that your character moves in a limited pace and needs to consider out moving enemies and other elements of combat.

The upgrade system is also pretty fun, and really does incentivize replay. Killing things give you points that can be used to obtain upgrades or special abilities (with cooldowns), which there are many.

Anyhow, I'll be spending more time on the game and see what I can do to contact the devs! (if you need to know, I asked for Chaos Rings style virtual dpad)
Old 11-07-2011, 05:50 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I'll be bookmarking this thread because it seems like mixed opinions. So many retro games coming out today omg.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:18 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I've been having fun playing this game but like everyone else has said the controls could use some work. I personally would love to see dual stick shooter controls. Overall this game is still a lot of fun with different weapons, weapon add-ons, and extra team members to purchase which really keeps bringing me back. This game is well worth the $0.99.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:48 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Hello

Hello folks, it's the developer here.

Thanks for trying my game, I'll definitely try to take your suggestions on-board.

The controls seem to be an issue, so I'll look into making a virtual joystick system for the next update.

I'm also aware of some minor bugs here and there which I'm working on. There's already a small update coming in the next few days which should sort out the gamecenter connectivity issues, and also syncs the achievements with gamecenter.

In the meantime, here are some promo codes:
PWK3M9FTY6J7
WRAHLKWF4HP3
ELA7A7PRLMAR
MJHY6467ENKL
AEN76JYXWJNE
HYYYREMPYPR9
9FE3YM6NFNW4

Last edited by colej_uk; 11-08-2011 at 07:18 AM..