App description: TOP TEN "free" App!

Touch Arcade says Major Mayhem's 2.0 update is "ridiculously huge...almost feels like a completely new game!"

One of the best rail shooters on the App Store! -IGN 8.5/10
"It's funny, fast, violent, and leaves you wanting more." -PocketGamer Silver Medal
"I got points for Chicken Combos." -AppSafari 4.5/5

Meet the newest recruit in the Adult Swim Games army: Major Mayhem. He's got an itchy trigger finger, some scratchy stubble, and a fondness for shooting dudes in the face. Run and gun your way through gorgeous 3D environments as you embark on a mission to rescue your kidnapped girlfriend from the Forces of Evil. Guns, grenades and an assortment of other tools of destruction are at your disposal, and you'll need every last one of 'em. So what are you waiting for, Major Mayhem? The future of the Free World -- and your love life -- hangs in the balance.

WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING:
>> "This is slaughter done right, with enormous weaponry and a huge sense of fun." -PocketGamer
>> "extremely enjoyable and addictive. Major Mayhem takes elements from an Operation Wolf style shooting gallery, Canabalt platforming, Gears of War duck-and-cover and Max Payne bullet time, and mixes it into an action-packed budget platformer thats hard to put down." TouchGen
>> "Major Mayhem is one of the best rail shooters on the App Store." -IGN
>> "Bring[s] back memories of such games as Lethal Enforcers and Virtua Cop, or even more recent fare such as the Resident Evil Chronicles games for the Wii, though without being quite as serious as any of those." -Slide to Play

FEATURES:
Universal app, optimized for play on iPhone, iPod touch or iPad
45 levels of non-stop action
4 game modes
Game Center Leaderboards
100 achievements
150 mini mission objectives
5 power ups
Battle your way past hordes of enemies in three picturesque environments: Tropics, Metropolis and Desert
20 unique weapons in your arsenal to deal out MAJOR MAYHEM, like:
>> Automatic Shotgun
>> Minigun
>> Quadzooka (like a Bazooka only more massive-er!)
>> And more!
42 costumes and hats to make your Major's fashion conscience which dealing massive devastation!
Save the world, and your girlfriend

HAVING PROBLEMS? Help us fix any issues you run into while playing - email games@adultswim.com and tell us what you're seeing along with the device/OS version you're on.

strivemind's comments:

Trailers:

On Facebook (International)
On YouTube (US ONLY)
11-10-2011, 06:41 AM
[adult swim] you say? *click* Insta-buy.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!

11-10-2011, 06:43 AM
I picked this up this morning and I'm enjoying it, it's just a tap to shoot style gun range game. Where your character moves along then stops behind some cover, you shoot all the bad guys then he moves on, it slowly intruduces run and gun and even jumping sections. I'm a bit biased as I love the art style that adult swim have been putting out recently but for 69p it's a bargain.
11-10-2011, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
I picked this up this morning and I'm enjoying it, it's just a tap to shoot style gun range game. Where your character moves along then stops behind some cover, you shoot all the bad guys then he moves on, it slowly intruduces run and gun and even jumping sections. I'm a bit biased as I love the art style that adult swim have been putting out recently but for 69p it's a bargain.
It's actually not that different from Epoch . It also reminds me Time Crisis (but a lot more fun for me at least). Gameplay maybe simple, but the whole thing is so darned polished that it can't help but bring a smile to your face.
11-10-2011, 07:08 AM
Another AS game already?! Will probably pick this up.

Twitter: @back2this
11-10-2011, 09:30 AM
WOOHOO!!! Yup, very happy to have another AS game on my device. =oD

**edit**

holy crap, what a great game! =oD

Love these new AS games! =oD

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto, Bring Me Sandwiches!!
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download, Flint Glass

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 11-10-2011 at 09:42 AM.
11-10-2011, 12:33 PM
I like the game, but why do devs keep supporting Game Center and only adding leaderboards? Really hate buying a game with GC, only to find out it is leaderboards only. Achievements increase the replay more IMO. Leaderboards are useless, for me anyway. Seems like they are always glitched with bogus scores making it no fun trying to compete...

Game Center ID: Snooptalian
11-10-2011, 12:38 PM
=oP

that's funny... I'm one for leaderboards instead of Achievements... though there are a few games that I've played through enough to snag all of them for... it generally isn't what I aim for when playing games. But competing for high-scores on my GC friends list... oh yeah buddy. =oP

But I do know that achievements add more to the replay value, especially when they're obscure... so I completely agree with you... =o/

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto, Bring Me Sandwiches!!
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download, Flint Glass
11-10-2011, 01:19 PM
The file size is pretty small, yet to me the graphics pop more than many larger games. Once the different weapons come into play, it's even more fun.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
11-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Would love to see a vid of this game in action or at least a trailer

Now playing: Working my way through the best retro games recently re-relased including Sonic, Raiden Legacy, Blazing Star and more. Keep them coming! And revisiting all Orange Pixel titles...