App description: Be sure to check out the newest and FREE version of the Whizzers - Free Fun Race.

TouchArcade: "Whizzers is a well-designed game with plenty going on in the levels"
AppTudes: "Whizzers serves up a unique hybrid of a platform, action and survival game"

Immerse yourself in a great adventure of Whizzers - beautiful endless runner from the makers of Cat Run and Hero Princess!

Discover magical world of deadly traps, hungry monsters and bubbling lava. Find lost followers to gain companions which will give you dozens of special powers and catch kidnappers to rescue other Whizzers. Customize your character, and play against your friends in a great, up to 4 players online multiplayer arena mode.

Features:
Appealing soft body physics.
Great online multiplayer mode up to 4 players.
Beautiful procedural environment graphics optimized for retina display.
Fully customizable stylish characters.
Dozens of unlockable character customization elements.
Unique experience each time thanks to procedural levels.
Game Center achievements and leaderboards.

You can watch the trailer on demonual.com/whizzers
11-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Game Impressions

Every game this dev has put out so far has been very good (and very underrated) so I had no hesitation in picking this up. Not far enough into it yet to get into the nitty gritty of gameplay, but it is technically excellent, brimming with character, and I already suspect might be the dev's best effort yet. At a buck and universal this falls square into "a steal" category.

11-11-2011, 07:26 PM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Playing: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle
Waiting:Last Class Heroes, Chaos Rings 3, Starships
GameCenter: StriveMind
11-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Every game this dev has put out so far has been very good (and very underrated) so I had no hesitation in picking this up. Not far enough into it yet to get into the nitty gritty of gameplay, but it is technically excellent, brimming with character, and I already suspect might be the dev's best effort yet. At a buck and universal this falls square into "a steal" category.
Agreed, this is a really nice game.
11-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Really enjoying this game. Well worth the money. Not played it for too long but a great play on the endless runner/platformer formula.
Looks great and runs smooth.

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106
11-12-2011, 07:32 AM
Game Impressions

I'm having good fun with it so far but am curious, has anybody found costume bits out there? I've found a number of followers but never any hats or shapes to modify my character with.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
11-12-2011, 07:36 AM
wow... thanx for the impressions, and the vid...

Gonna have to pick this one up. =oD

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto, Bring Me Sandwiches!!
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download, Integral
11-12-2011, 08:34 AM
Yep this looks great to me as well. Picking this up right now. We should start a multiplayer league for this lol
11-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi541 View Post
Yep this looks great to me as well. Picking this up right now. We should start a multiplayer league for this lol
I just played a few 2-player games (first time I used GC's multiplayer deally and, damn, is it unintuitive to do something as simple as accept a request) and it was pretty cute. You are in race in a randomly generated level to reach the finish line first. If one of you actually manages to get killed before reaching the finish line it is an automatic victory for your opponent.

It isn't really like you can directly effect each other, but you are sharing resources so if I snag that power bubble or fairy before you do, too bad so sad.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
11-20-2011, 10:16 AM
I'm really enjoying the game... love that there's loads of characters to find. But I'm having a really hard time finding a multiplayer match. I've tried about 10 times, each time waiting about 15 minutes...

Guess I just can't find a time when others are online looking for a match too... =oP

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto, Bring Me Sandwiches!!
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download, Integral