SpellTower (by Zach Gage)
- Originally written about in The New York Times, featured in Apple Stores, heard about on NPR, and played by millions, SpellTower is back and better than ever! -
* SMARTER *
Forget that old iffy dictionary- SpellTower is now sporting the full official Merriam-Webster Collegiate, and Merriam-Webster Unabridged word sets!
* PLAYS better *
Two new modes, Super Tower Mode on the iPad Pro, and Zen Mode for all modern devices.
Need a break from those pesky length requirement tiles? Zen mode is what SpellTower fans have been waiting for!
* FEELS great *
Full Taptic Engine support! If you're playing on a iPhone 7 or 7+, just wait till you make a 5+ letter word :)
* LOOKS fantastic *
Fully redone graphics pay homage to the original art while bringing SpellTower into the modern design era. Support for all new mobile iOS devices that have been released since the last SpellTower update (iPad Pro, iPhone 6 and 6+), and glorious 60 frames-per-second animation.
* Has LESS bugs *
Debate mode works great and all the save-related bugs are finally fixed. No more finding your games periodically reset, or missing, after updating to a new device.
* Available in NEW languages *
Available separately today: SpellTower Français, and SpellTower Nederlands apps! More languages coming soon...
It has been a long journey to get this release out, please enjoy it!
- - - - WORDS + STRATEGY = AWESOME
Pick your words wisely! As you work, more tiles rise from the bottom of the screen, and it'll take all of your lexicological wits, and tactical know-how to keep them down. If any of the letters make it to the top row, it's game over.
SIX AMAZING MODES
- TOWER MODE : No pressure here. Try and get the highest score possible out of 140 tiles, eliminating small words to set up 7- and 8-letter blockbusters!
- PUZZLE MODE : Every word you make adds a new row of letters! Strategic word finding at its best.
- EXTREME PUZZLE MODE : Puzzle mode with the minimum word length cranked up. Experts only!
- ZEN MODE : Puzzle mode without any length requirements.
- RUSH MODE : Rows of letters build up over time. Find words as fast as you can, but be careful you don't back yourself into a corner!
- DEBATE MODE : Feeling good? Challenge your friends in this intense online multiplayer mode.
- [Bonus!] SUPER TOWER MODE : (iPad Pro only) Try and get the highest score possible out of 432 tiles, eliminating small words to set up 7- and 8-letter blockbusters!
GAME CENTER leader boards and achievements, for each mode, and highest scoring word!
- - - - WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
Best Word Game! - 148Apps' 2011 Best App Ever Awards
- Touch Arcade's Favorite Puzzle game of 2011 -
Ranked #2 in Mashable's Top 10 iPhone Word Games
"Simple, stylish and furiously addictive. Far and away the best pure word game on iOS." 5/5 stars - Tap! Magazine
"I'm obsessed, I'm ignoring my family!" - John Moe, NPR Marketplace
"guaranteed to entertain" - IGN
"by far one of the best [word puzzle games] in recent years" - 4.5/5 Stars - Editors Choice - 148Apps
"SpellTower is an extraordinary word game that deserves a place among the best of the genre." - 4/4 - SlideToPlay
"The Boggle Tetris That We Needed - Kotaku's Gaming App of The Day
"A must-buy for word fiends, SpellTower is an uncommonly attractive and thoughtfully designed puzzler" - 9/10 - Gold Award - Pocket Gamer
"Nervy, humbling, and strangely energizing. If you can handle the stress, SpellTower is magnificent" - EDGE Magazine
"A superb word game... for anyone in your household who loves a good word teaser, even the most technologically-challenged. Grab it and start spelling!" - JayIsGames
"It's Boggle on crack... only costs 2$, and your life." - Weekend Confirmed
"The best word game you haven't played", "A brain-picking puzzler" - Pitchfork / KillScreen Magazine
"Im already convinced SpellTower is a significantly better game [than PopCaps Bookworm]." - playontap.com
Joined: Feb 2010
Joined: Nov 2009
Joined: Sep 2009
Joined: Nov 2009
Joined: Mar 2009
Joined: Aug 2009
Joined: Jan 2011
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: The Westcountry UK
Joined: Aug 2010