Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-23-2011, 10:36 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Aliens versus Humans

Old 11-23-2011, 11:02 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Nice, this looks like a pretty good xcom inspired game. I'll have to pick this up.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:06 PM

Last edited by Sanuku; 11-27-2011 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: HD Gameplay Trailer added.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:09 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Now on the U.S. app store. Very tempting at that price, any impressions on gameplay performance?

Last edited by Marcus70; 11-23-2011 at 11:14 PM..
Old 11-23-2011, 11:20 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Still unsure about this small One since i am currently already playing a few other X-Com Clones and they are presenting the hole Gameplay a few Quality Levels above this One. I`ll wait with the buy till a few of you have gave it a try.
What other ones are you playing?
Old 11-23-2011, 11:23 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Played for a bit and can say that the UI is very user friendly and reminiscent of X-com. Select a player character then click on field location and they will travel as far as their "turn units" will allow. In addition to walking turn units can be spent on shooting or throwing a grenade provided there are targets within line of fire. Obstacles and allies can obscure line of fire limiting attack options or allowing to hide from attack. Using weapons has several variants including various levels of damage/accuracy (lower quality shits use fewer turn units). Turn units not used in okay can be conserved to counter enemy attack with a preselected intensity of affack. Enemy turns mainly happen behind a "hidden movement" screen and those visible are shown. The first levels seems well populated with aliens. The art design is not for everyone but I like it and appreciate that this game is only 11mb. However at times art is too generic with vague/bland aliens and making it hard to tell squad members apart in a sea of similar looking soldiers. Squad members do have differences in stamina/accuracy/etc. The squad units have good stat tracking with number of kills,etc logged automatically. Once started I couldn't figure out how to end or restart a level mid-game.

I can better comment on balance, advancement, etc later but the basic gameplay mechanics are smooth and logical so far I'm enjoying the game.

Last edited by undeadcow; 11-24-2011 at 12:04 AM..
Old 11-24-2011, 12:16 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Hey undeadcow. Hit the topleft Pause menu that will give you access to "end turn", "load game", "save game" and "tutorial".

Have fun and keep the feedback coming.

Al(ien).
Old 11-24-2011, 03:25 AM
iPhone 3GS

Does it have the base building qualities of XCom and monitoring of the planet etc?
Old 11-24-2011, 06:14 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

We choose to focus only on actual missions. Research is now done through the notion of XP where the better you do on missions, the earlier you will unlock better gear. I, for one, never liked getting beaten up during the first month or so while you were slowly building out a base and personally found the research progression slow. Our game has been designed to focus on missions and leveraging achievements and how well you perform to tie into better gear.

Al(ien)
Old 11-24-2011, 07:02 AM
iPhone 3GS

Thank you for the response, I appreciate it.

I'd like to ask how active you plan to be on supporting this app in the future. Knowing a dev will continuously be updating their titles is a big thing when I decide to buy. Can you briefly explain what plans you have to enhance this game in the future?
(Just read this back, so sorry that it sound like an interview!)