★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Sports Car Challenge (Universal) - By Volkswagen / Fishlabs

11-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Sports Car Challenge (Universal) - By Volkswagen / Fishlabs

Check out the new feature trailer for Valkyrie, the massive add-on of Galaxy on Fire 2!
Need hands on with Galaxy on Fire 2 or want to leave us some input? Visit our forums!
11-25-2011, 11:55 PM
Ok so it's an add for volkswagen etc?. But is it any good tho? What track is that, nurnburgring?

Last edited by chris1a; 11-26-2011 at 12:22 AM.
11-26-2011, 01:09 AM
It's free and damn good! Hopefully fishlabs takes this demo and makes a full game out it.
11-26-2011, 07:28 AM
Thanks for posting the cool gameplay video, Sanuku. As for the track, it's a "fantasy" course, whose design is indeed influenced by a certain German circuit already mentioned in this thread.
11-27-2011, 08:06 AM
It looks very nice but the cars need some serious tweaking. It's more like steering a boat and not realistic at all. A career mode would be nice because it gets boring pretty quickly.
11-27-2011, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singapura View Post
It looks very nice but the cars need some serious tweaking. It's more like steering a boat and not realistic at all. A career mode would be nice because it gets boring pretty quickly.
Indeed. Let's hope Fishlabs and VW turn it into a fully fledged racing sim. I for one would be more than happy to hand over $9.99 (£6.99) for a proper career mode with more tracks, VW Group cars, modes and multiplayer.

I shan't hold my breath, but that would be quite something!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
11-27-2011, 02:03 PM
They want to do an ad that would be amazing? Re-release "Beetle Adventure Racing" from the N64. Awesome game.

Gamecenter/open feint/crystal name: jmelrose
Feel free to add me! :-)
11-29-2011, 06:07 AM
I just got told by our developers that the controls of the game will be vastly improved with the next update. So you can not only look forward to a 1st person camera perspective, but also to a slicker, easier-to-master handling of the cars. The update will hopefully be out within the next two weeks.
12-20-2011, 05:39 AM
Hey guys, Sports Car Challenge v1.1 has just gone live and we've put a lot of effort into the update and hope that the racing fans out there will have fun with all the new features, which include...

• New camera perspectives: Cockpit view and additional exterior view
• Enhanced controls: more fluid handling and improved sensitivity
• Display of speed in km/h or mph according to the player’s region instead of the chosen ingame language
• Animated driver
• 360° panorama view of each car’s interior
• Adjustments of the Chinese localization
• Minor improvements

Here's two screenshots of the cockpit view and panorama view for those who haven't played v1.1 of Sports Car Challenge yet.

For more info on the game, check out our new blog at http://www.fishlabs.net/en/blog/spor...e-v1-1/?blog=1 and let us know in the comments what you think of the new controls, camera perspectives and other features!

Check out the new feature trailer for Valkyrie, the massive add-on of Galaxy on Fire 2!
Need hands on with Galaxy on Fire 2 or want to leave us some input? Visit our forums!