Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-06-2011, 09:06 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Defenders of Ardania By Paradox Interactive

Quote:
The next generation of TD has arrived! Defenders of Ardania (DoA) sees players simultaneously paying for towers, spells and waves of offensive units in a no-holds-barred battle to take down an enemy with the same powers and, worryingly, the same intention.

Defenders of Ardania is set in Ardania, the same world as PC game Majesty the Fantasy Kingdom Sim and feature three playable factions, each with their own unique units and advantages.

• An intriguing new take on the massively popular TD genre: you're in control of both offensive and defensive operations!
• A captivating single-player campaign, featuring three playable races and 15 diverse levels
• A wide range of expensive spells, from the defensive to the deadly
• Defense: 18 different, upgradeable towers to stop the advancing enemy
• Offence: 18 varied units with diverse, faction-specifc attributes to take the fight to your opponent
• Challenge your friends to Multiplayer via Apple's Game Center service

Youtube link | Pop Up

Lite Version:

Last edited by iANiMeX; 12-06-2011 at 09:13 AM..
Old 12-06-2011, 09:23 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

Excited to try the lite version but I might just stick to getting this for my Xbox.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:52 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Well it's quite good. The game really picks up on the fourth mission where things can get quite hectic. Everything is polished though the sound effects are quite horrible. Also the game launched with an error on my ipad 2 (non jb, 5.0.1) making online play impossible and disabling game center.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:16 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Is there a zoom? I cannot find it.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Aww please bring this to the iphone.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:43 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Does it have any Game Center achievements?
Looks pretty cool actually.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:46 PM

Instabuy just based on the rep of the dev, Paradox Interactive. These guys are kings of hardcore strategy games. Even though a tower defense game is slightly below their traditional development standards, I know they'll blow the genre out of the water!
Old 12-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
Instabuy just based on the rep of the dev, Paradox Interactive. These guys are kings of hardcore strategy games. Even though a tower defense game is slightly below their traditional development standards, I know they'll blow the genre out of the water!
They would be kings if they brought this game to iphone,ipod touch.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:56 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by eAdvisory View Post
They would be kings if they brought this game to iphone,ipod touch.
As you can see, it's probably impossible for a tiny screen..
Old 12-06-2011, 11:03 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Excellent Tower Attack game; I say "attack" because you are not only defending your kingdom, but you are also sending out attackers on foot to crumble the opposing stronghold. This is a very welcomed addition to the Tower Defense genre; I've seen it done before, but not this well. Your footmen upgrade based on increasing numbers sent out, but you have to balance that against ensuring your defending towers are doing their job. You see, towers on the field draw resources per second. If you spam towers everywhere, you'll have no gold left to generate units and you can't win without attacking. Brilliant system.

Some people may not like this game, but it is likely to be that they are playing it wrong. You have to control the ebb and flow, you have control resource nodes, and you have to react on the battlefield. Don't ignore spellcasting, because you think it's too expensive; it's a very valuable tool to thwart attacks and to make your own punch through defenses. Another warning, putting a bounty on enemy hard-points is extremely expensive; definitely worth it, but it has to be used at key moments when you're making a push (and be careful not to unintentionally trigger it).

There are tons of different units, all of which are upgradable through multiple tiers, so far. The graphics are period and perfect. Campaign, Skirmish, Defend, and Multiplayer modes are included. A very polished title from Paradox, one of my favorite developers on any system.