★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Foundation Mobile
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 171.0 MB
  • Version: 1.33
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: **Apple Featured Game of the Week**

Embark on the classic, critically acclaimed, adventure of Lumi.

When darkness engulfs all, can you harness the power of light and magnetism to illuminate the world and save the universe?

-Innovative gameplay Jump, fly, and fling Lumi using magnetic attraction
-Lose yourself in a rich story, told with beautiful visuals and a haunting soundtrack
-Watch the world return to lush beauty as Lumis powers repel the darkness plaguing jungles, caves, and more.

Praise for Lumi:

digitalhippos.com - It's a watercolor book come to life
Softonic Lumi HD is a great presentation of puzzle and platform gameplay.
Paste Magazine Game of the Week 8.8/10

goiMot's comments:

12-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Looks interesting, I'll say that much. Will hold off for some impressions (or a review) before taking the plunge though. Here's hoping it's a good'n.

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja

12-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Awesome

Oh yeah! This one will become popular. Great platformer with amazing graphics, awesome music/soundtrack, and innovative game mechanics for the genre.

You are the small little ball of energy, is the best way to put it, and you collect items to power up several trees to open up the portal to the next world. The controls are superb. Fixed or float left-hand stick (translucent as to not affect the graphics), right side of the screen tap to jump (no button). You double tap to jump and then magnetize and attach yourself to strategically placed circular spinning vortex thingys that appear throughout the game and help you up ledges etc. Your creature can then be flung from the vortex to the next vortex or ledge.
It is super cool as some of the ledges are quite large and you can fly through the air magnetizing yourself to many vortex thingys. The first level was short, but the second level (as far as I've gotten) was rather long. Being a strong platfromer fan, I have no doubt I will get my money's worth! Amazing graphics and solid fun gameplay!
12-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Bought and played this on the Xbox (Indie Games.) Good game.
12-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabdog View Post
Oh yeah! This one will become popular. Great platformer with amazing graphics, awesome music/soundtrack, and innovative game mechanics for the genre.

You are the small little ball of energy, is the best way to put it, and you collect items to power up several trees to open up the portal to the next world. The controls are superb. Fixed or float left-hand stick (translucent as to not affect the graphics), right side of the screen tap to jump (no button). You double tap to jump and then magnetize and attach yourself to strategically placed circular spinning vortex thingys that appear throughout the game and help you up ledges etc. Your creature can then be flung from the vortex to the next vortex or ledge.
It is super cool as some of the ledges are quite large and you can fly through the air magnetizing yourself to many vortex thingys. The first level was short, but the second level (as far as I've gotten) was rather long. Being a strong platfromer fan, I have no doubt I will get my money's worth! Amazing graphics and solid fun gameplay!
That's good enough for me bud, thanks for your impressions - sold..!!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
12-16-2011, 11:16 AM
Amazing. Wow

This game seriously needs more exposure! It is amazing. Unique mechanics, superb controls, incredible soundtrack. Please support this game! A perfect platformer!
01-20-2013, 05:12 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Too bad its abandonware... Could have been great
01-20-2013, 05:14 PM
What happened to Aprils planned coming soon modes?