Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-15-2011, 07:12 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Default Battle Buddies (line drawing tactical combat game by Supercell)

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Multi...ws.asp?c=36141
Quote:
Freemium title Battle Buddies puts you in control of a team of six customisable cartoon soldiers in a battle of wits using tactical combat-based line drawing over a variety of topdown maps.

Think Little Big Planet's Sackboy loaded to the eyeballs with Ratchet and Clank-esque weaponry and packing a multiplayer mode reminiscent of Words with Friends's asynchronous multi game mode, plus the points-based advancement enjoyed in a 'modern' FPS, and you're on the right track.

We were even told that it is possible to live the dream and pit a team of pirates against a team of space marines.

Destroyable environments and weapons such as the Wrecking Ball Launcher emphasise the playful approach Supercell is taking.

The game will be free to play on iOS from early 2012, with an Android release to follow suit.

We're also promised crossplay compatibility, so iPad owners can pwn Android-owning noobs (or vice versa) regardless of what OS they're using. The game will also support various social networks, including Apple's Game Center.

There'll be a smattering of content available through in-game purchases, though we are assured by Supercell that these will be 'encouraged' not 'forced' transactions.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:15 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Looks awesome! Thx for the thread, arta.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:27 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

this looks fantastic! Nice work, anxious to see more.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:57 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

...wow
Old 12-15-2011, 09:04 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Yes! Freemium, blah... How can I change my setting to ignore this thread?

Edit: Thanks to arta for posting; it's not your fault this is freemium.

Last edited by undeadcow; 12-15-2011 at 09:06 PM..
Old 12-16-2011, 12:31 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Looks awesome Thanks Arta.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:24 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 5.x

Good morning, I'm the product lead of Battle Buddies here at Supercell and wanted to say hi. Hi!

Just a few words on the game that weren't covered in the original post: the game has been inspired by such classics as Laser Squad or X-Com: UFO Defense, but everything has been designed from the ground up for the touch devices (iPhone, iPad, and later also Android phones and tablets). There's single player and there's multiplayer content, you can battle against your friends or anyone, but also take part in "friendlier" social gaming, meaning for example, hiring a team leader from your friend's squad.

I don't want to spam, but if you want to follow the development, you can do it at [URL="http://www.facebook.com/battlebuddiesgame"]www.facebook.com/battlebuddiesgame[/URL] - I plan to hang around here too, but as we're a small team (me and 5 other guys/gals), I'm afraid of running out time if I try to post in too many places at the same time, that's why we're in Facebook.

If you have questions, I'm happy to answer.

-Jouni

PS. No need to be suspicious of the fact that it's "free to play" - we're developing it with a guideline that the game is fun as is - is you want to spend a dollar on two to speed up your progress, that's your decision, we won't make you. Also, the multiplayer will be balanced so that it's not "pay to win", i.e. we love the gamers who don't pay a cent as much as everyone else.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:21 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

I understand why you chose freemium - the future, but I still hope things change in the following year and freemium will gradually turn into premium...
Old 12-17-2011, 06:11 AM

Looks promising! I don't really mind if it's freemium, as long as it's, as you stated, no must to pay to continue enjoying the game
Old 12-30-2011, 07:30 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 5.x

Hullo!

Just wanted to let you know that we're releasing weekly guerrilla videos showing the game as it develops. Three are already out, and you can check them here:

[url]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150412876804998[/url]
[url]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150425275479998[/url]
[url]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150443274034998[/url]

(You don't need to be logged into Facebook to view those. When we have a sec, we'll also upload these to YouTube for more convenient access.)