Old 12-28-2011, 02:49 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Blade Dash - Fast Paced Arcade Action - Tight Controls - 1.0

Trailer:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Gameplay:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Runner/Action/Reaction Game.

Last edited by geniusofhardwork; 01-26-2012 at 10:00 AM.. Reason: Trailer Change
Old 12-29-2011, 08:04 PM

Played the game a bit and it's actually really good. It feels like a reaction type distance game. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Easily worth a buck. Nice job and I could care less who the hell posted replies. Either way I'm glad they did otherwise I never would have bought the game.

Last edited by J.R. Jalapeno; 12-29-2011 at 08:06 PM..
Old 12-29-2011, 08:18 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Too bad you didn't make this thread when the game first came out! It's a really good game and holy hell... you were right about the controls. Not that I have a problem with others control shemes, but this is very nice as well. It makes dealing with the action a lot easier and a bit more fun IMO.

I just made it to Hogson and the eyeball. I really am enjoying the game from the design to the gameplay itself.

Tell the devs great job and keep up the good work! Ima play some more tonight.

Last edited by Red1; 01-18-2012 at 01:08 AM..
Old 12-30-2011, 07:28 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

I might get this game, the graphics are cute!
Old 12-30-2011, 08:29 PM

Default Potential Spoiler!!!

When killing Hogson, do you have to do a double jump to dropkick or do you have to hit him in a certain spot?

I've only managed to actually kill him once and all the other times I get a finish him.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:29 PM

looks interesting. I will pick it up (something I rarely find myself doing anymore) because I am trying to attempt something similar - retro-style action game with a designed-for-touchscreen control setup, I too absolutely detest virtual D-pad controls and think that they need to die, die, die...

if all this is, is an "endless runner" than that's cool, but personally I am hoping we'll see more actual platforming action in these types of games soon. I understand why ER's are very popular with the pick up and play crowd (easy in/easy out gameplay), but I definitely crave for something a little more advanced than "hit the right button at exactly the right time or BOOM you are dead!"

<-- and no, I am not saying this about Blade Dash, haven't played it yet - just generalizing. We'll see
Old 12-30-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headcaseGames View Post
looks interesting. I will pick it up (something I rarely find myself doing anymore) because I am trying to attempt something similar - retro-style action game with a designed-for-touchscreen control setup, I too absolutely detest virtual D-pad controls and think that they need to die, die, die...

if all this is, is an "endless runner" than that's cool, but personally I am hoping we'll see more actual platforming action in these types of games soon. I understand why ER's are very popular with the pick up and play crowd (easy in/easy out gameplay), but I definitely crave for something a little more advanced than "hit the right button at exactly the right time or BOOM you are dead!"

<-- and no, I am not saying this about Blade Dash, haven't played it yet - just generalizing. We'll see
Trust me, this definitely isn't your average pick up and play game, but at the end of the day it's probably more runner than platformer.I've been enjoying it a ton and I've actually stopped playing runners, for the most part.

Anyways, I'm definitely looking forward to your idea!
Old 12-31-2011, 01:53 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
When killing Hogson, do you have to do a double jump to dropkick or do you have to hit him in a certain spot?

I've only managed to actually kill him once and all the other times I get a finish him.
Hogson takes 2 hits, two slashes/kicks etc
Old 12-31-2011, 03:09 AM
iPhone 4

Played the game a bit.

Very responsive and comfortable controls.
Aged, but excellent pixel art - simple character, enemy and object designs, small vibrancy in colors and old-school animations (the ones that look like there's no animation but rapidly switching frames).
Level/difficulty progression - more enemies & obstacles as you play, unlike other runners that rely on increased speed and/or greater number of obstacles/monsters.

I liked the level progression but restarting at level 1 everytime soon developed into monotony. How bout a level select feature that puts you before a previously reached level to allow the player to jump into more intense action upon restart?
Old 12-31-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geniusofhardwork View Post
Hogson takes 2 hits, two slashes/kicks etc
Okay, I see. It's easier to kill him with 2 slashes. For some reason, I was hell bent on killing him with dropkicks.

Thanks!