App description: A mysterious enemy arrives and steals your beloved through what appears to be a stairway into another dimension! What more to do than begin your heroic quest to save her from the villain's clutches...

"Its kooky design, pixel perfect controls, and insanely challenging platforming all work together to make this title one that shouldnt be missed. This is simply one of the finest platformers to be found on the iPhone. 148apps

>>> Shoot and jump your way through 25 cut throat stages with unique backgrounds and enemies!
>>> Defeat the mighty bosses that dare stand in your path!
>>> Upgrade to a tripple-shot, missile launcher or Lazer beam!
>>> This is not an easy game - please prepare to die often!
>>> Gorgeous retro artwork (if you're into that stuff) and a killer soundtrack!
>>> Game Center enabled so compete with players around the world for the high score!
>>> Check out the LITE version to try the first few levels!

If you enjoyed this game, check out Iskandar Inc's other games such as Buster Red, Cut Him Up and Brutal Fantasy.

This game is built on top of LevelSVG, Cocos2D and Box2D. Thanks again to these projects for allowing me to create this game!
01-06-2012, 07:43 AM
Just played the lite version and it was awesome, so I just now bought the full version.

TBH, this rivals the hell out of the retro platformers released last year.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus

01-06-2012, 07:49 AM
This was released earlier. Not sure what name it had but the full version was free.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
01-06-2012, 07:57 AM
I remember this game, had so much potential but from what i remember the tiny graphics was giving me a headache non stop
01-06-2012, 07:59 AM
So you're saying they re-released it? I checked and the release date for this one is the 5th.

I guess I missed it! Since this is a re-release, does that make it ineligible for GOTW because it was gonna be my pick.

------------------

The only thing I want added is GC achievements because I don't really care about high scores.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus

Last edited by GoofyJmaster.; 01-06-2012 at 08:08 AM.
01-06-2012, 08:41 AM
Cant believe how much you love it ! Plus with those tiny graphics and $1.99 ? Dont delete many games but i gave up on this one
01-06-2012, 09:30 AM
I'm liking this game quite a bit also. Just saw it released yesterday. If this was released earlier I never saw it. Anyway I don't have a problem with the tiny graphics, kinda goes with the theme being one bit. Plays well and controls great. I agree about needing achievements though. High scores only for now. Hopefully they will add it in. Buster Red, also made by this dev, has full GC so there's hope they will update this soon....

Game Center ID: Snooptalian
01-06-2012, 09:30 AM
This epitomizes the true retro platforming experience to me. I love Mos Speedrun, League of Evil, and all the other great retro platformer I own, but this one takes the cake for me. It's worth every cent. I was slightly addicted to LoE, but my new addiction to this game overshadows the hell out of LoE. It's also take me away from Super Crate Box and other games.

As far as the graphics, I love them. It' a collage of pixelated beauty; one big, living world of pixels. It seems the reason the graphics are so tiny is so the dev could get all of his lovely art work on screen. And I have to say it looks amazing and I never feel lost. I do die sometimes while admiring the backdrop lol.

These are the controls I've been looking for as well. My movement and jumps have never been so tight. It's actually refreshing to not be playing a speedrunner (or the like) and focus on traversing the crazy world, killing enemies, and collecting coins to get high scores. It's also a reminder that virtual controls can work beautifully.

LoE was the closest thing but it is a bit less fun because it's more puzzle-y than this. Also the controls in this are better and the world/design is stunning.

I'm currently #1 on the leaderboards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooptalian View Post
I'm liking this game quite a bit also. Just saw it released yesterday. If this was released earlier I never saw it. Anyway I don't have a problem with the tiny graphics, kinda goes with the theme being one bit. Plays well and controls great. I agree about needing achievements though. High scores only for now. Hopefully they will add it in. Buster Red, also made by this dev, has full GC so there's hope they will update this soon....
Yeah dude, i saw you on the leaderboard. Just moved to thetop, but I'm not too far ahead. I'll be playing some more a bit later.

01-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Is this a Re-Release of Brighton : A Heroic Quest?

01-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Looking good, but "HUUGE" controls and tiny hero makes a weird contrast

Don't like those 'birds' ( not angry I think ) at the background.

Nevertheless nice to see an another retro-platformer for the iOS!