★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Llamasoft
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 8.3 MB
  • Version: 0001.01.01
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.6 (5)
App description: With Caverns of Minos Llamasoft continues to produce the finest minotaur rescuing games on the entire App Store.

Caverns of Minos is a shooting/rescue game inspired by 8-bit cavern shooters, Lunar Lander games, and rescue type games.

Fly one of four ships into the depths of 21 challenging caverns. Rescue as many minotaurs as you can and bring each cavern's treasure back to the Mothersheep.

Choose from 4 difficulty settings - Novice, Pilot, Warrior and Commander - each with its own unique ship.

Maximise your score and bonuses to get a high score on the global leader boards. Caverns of Minos is OpenFeint enabled and posts scores to both OpenFeint and GameCenter leaderboards.

Caverns of Minos features the exemplary playability and excellent controls that are expected of every Llamasoft game.

Caverns of Minos does not contain In-App Purchases. Every feature of the entire game is available at no further cost once you have bought the game.

strivemind's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up
01-17-2012, 08:54 PM
"Caverns of Minos does not contain In-App Purchases. Every feature of the entire game is available at no further cost once you have bought the game."

Sold.

01-17-2012, 09:13 PM
I've bought so many (some expensive) games lately. But really wanting this one too. What to do...
And I agree its nice to read within the description explaining it a full game when bought. Wish there were more of them.
01-17-2012, 09:24 PM
Llamasoft = buy

Honestly, I can't think of any reason not to throw another $1.99 at Minter after he put out three of the best games of the last year or so.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
01-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Score! A totally unexpected new release from Llamasoft is a pleasure indeed. Looking forward to putting some time into this later tonite.
01-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Now that I'm seeing more of the video, it's a lot less like an 8-bit shooter / shmup, and more like a Lunar Lander style controls.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
01-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Game Impressions

Great game. Possibly my favourite of the llamasoft releases thus far, but that's likely due to me being partial to the thrust-style gameplay. 60 FPS even on a 3GS. You want this so long as you possess no deep aversion to retro-style gaming. (And even if you do; buy this and use it to get over it.)
01-17-2012, 10:25 PM
Jeff Minter - the master of gameplay with a heavy dose of WOAAAAA! - sure bet. Downloading. His games are about true oldschool gaming fun. And he is one of the few who really nailed the control possibilities of iOS gaming.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
01-17-2012, 10:28 PM
No way, didn't expect it so soon.

Instabuy

GameCenter: DruciferBriggs (if you send a request please mention you're from TA)
01-17-2012, 10:41 PM
This is my favorite Llamasoft game. A bit annoyed that you have to play one of the difficulty levels all the way through to get your high score logged though. I quit after five waves on Novice and now it looks like my progress has disappeared completely.