Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-26-2012, 03:03 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Default Namco Arcade (NamcoBandai Games Inc.)

Looks like Namco's answer to the Capcom Arcade app, complete with wide selection of IAP, the ability to buy "coins" in sets of ten, and in this case, the chance to play one of the four included games (Xevious, Tower of Druaga, Motos, Phozon) once per day for free. And yes, the inevitable "More games to come!"
Old 01-26-2012, 03:51 AM

Default Namco Arcade play video

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

This game...WORST-_-;
Old 01-26-2012, 04:06 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

This game worst ? Eh ???

Good to see Xevious, an 80's classic. Anyway i'm happy to see this, love my 80's arcade games, the interface/surround graphics dont look the best but its free so i'll give it a go. Wish more companies would release compilations like this though.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:57 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Reminds me of iMame, that comes without IAP!!!
Old 01-26-2012, 05:19 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer09 View Post
Reminds me of iMame, that comes without IAP!!!
Well obviously but you're running 'illegal copyrighted' games on imame. Dont get me wrong i love iMame but i'm happy to support the original dev if they release their games on iOS like this.

Sadly i can imagine that iMame works better than some of these official published apps though
Old 01-26-2012, 06:24 AM

Pay per credit? My dear Scamco, just what would we do without your scamming ways...
Old 01-26-2012, 06:39 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Wouldnt say its scamming, its just like the Capcom arcade. You can either buy credits to play/test the games out of buy the games outright, some are 2.49, others 1.99

Quite expensive really, i think its great theyre releasing these old classics but the price of them is way too high. iMame has 'ruined' this for me really as i've got 100's on mame i dont really need something like this unless Namco release different games. But as always they put a high price on some of these retro classics which is a shame.

I mean in the app store you can get a classic like Paper Monsters for 69p and then theyre charging about 2.50 for Xevious, its not like a new improved version like some companies do (They release the original and another with updated graphics). Shame
Old 01-26-2012, 07:01 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Pacman writing but no Pacman?
Old 01-26-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Wouldnt say its scamming
It really is, that's why they're known as Scamco. Just look at how busy they've been in the past three months:

Ridge Racer Vita - $30 Ridge Racer at 30FPS with only three tracks and five cars, rest of content is DLC

SoulCalibur port iOS - $12.99

Tales of Innocence R - Poor full-priced expanded port with Day one DLC allowing you to pay for ability points and the like ($3-$5 per go)

Now this...

... and that's not even including all the scammy DLC they've done with titles before all this. When it comes to the question "What can we charge for and how much can we get away with?" no other company plucks the bottom depths quite like Namco has.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:40 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Well obviously but you're running 'illegal copyrighted' games on imame. Dont get me wrong i love iMame but i'm happy to support the original dev if they release their games on iOS like this.

Sadly i can imagine that iMame works better than some of these official published apps though
Not everyone using iMame is running 'illegal copyrighted' games. Granted there are many that attain their roms illegally, I know many that don't and enjoy transferring their roms/games into a shiny new multi-game arcade cabinet. I enjoy supporting devs that put out a decent product, but don't enjoy supporting those that put out crap for the sake of putting out crap.