Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 01-27-2012, 10:36 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default What everyones first day sales looked like?

Post here what your first day app sales were like. How many apps did you sell in the first day or two?

Save the Monster is now out! I will give you the sales figures when They start coming through.

Last edited by Scraff; 03-02-2012 at 04:27 AM..
Old 01-27-2012, 11:46 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Send a message via AIM to DrummerB Send a message via MSN to DrummerB

Here is the first month of my must successful app yet (Practice Pro, 5 star avg.)

Now, after a year it settled at about 2 sales / day.

The only game I released so far, (Solitaire for iPad) wasn't a big success.

Started "okay", but is now down to something like one (1) sale per week (ie. 7 days)
Old 01-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Developer
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I'll post it though I'm not sure how helpful this information is. Since you asked - here is the number of units sold in the first 2 days of one of our apps. Days 3 and 4 were better, then at 5 they started the 'long tail' and slowly declined into what we have today ~10-15 sales per day.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:40 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Considering i informed everyone on my social networks and contacts list, i hit about 200 on the first day, first week was better than my 1st day strangely.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:46 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzerboy View Post
Considering i informed everyone on my social networks and contacts list, i hit about 200 on the first day, first week was better than my 1st day strangely.
Wouldn't First Week be better than First Day no matter? ;-)

If you made 100 sales on Day 1, but only 1 more sale in that week, you'd have 101 sales for the week, which is better than Day 1....

Just teasing.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:14 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.x

I've just released the full version of my app (Turtle Trench), but 6 months ago I released a Lite version.

With the Lite version I started at around 100-200 downloads a day, but it quickly declined to around 10 downloads a day.

With the Paid version, it got 9 sales on the first day (mostly in the UK - I think many of these may have been my friends).

I think I need to step up advertisement, or improve my keywords or description? Not sure how the App Store's keyword search determines the results (based on keywords/description/downloads/ratings?).
Old 01-28-2012, 02:24 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memir View Post
I've just released the full version of my app (Turtle Trench), but 6 months ago I released a Lite version.

With the Lite version I started at around 100-200 downloads a day, but it quickly declined to around 10 downloads a day.

With the Paid version, it got 9 sales on the first day (mostly in the UK - I think many of these may have been my friends).

I think I need to step up advertisement, or improve my keywords or description? Not sure how the App Store's keyword search determines the results (based on keywords/description/downloads/ratings?).
Turtle Trench = Lemmings? Epic.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:14 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Send a message via AIM to DrummerB Send a message via MSN to DrummerB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memir View Post
I think I need to step up advertisement, or improve my keywords or description?
I wouldn't spend too much on advertising. Usually it's only worth it if you spend a huge amount to build up a brand, but not to directly drive sales.
Instead, try posting on forums, blogs. Create trailers, if you didn't already. Ask youtubers, bloggers, news sites for reviews.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:34 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everplay View Post
Wouldn't First Week be better than First Day no matter? ;-)

If you made 100 sales on Day 1, but only 1 more sale in that week, you'd have 101 sales for the week, which is better than Day 1....

Just teasing.
funnily enough, sometimes first days sales always do better than 1 week in sales.

i had a friend who had this problem, he hit around 70 downloads in his 1st day then no one downloaded it after that haha . i mean aww
Old 01-29-2012, 01:36 PM
Developer
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

You may want to set a longer time period than first two days.

The day of the week and the time of day the app is released is going to have a huge impact on the first 2 days of sales.

Also take into account that certain game genres are more competitive. In a very competitive genre you may stay on front page for less than 24 hours after update. In a less competitive genre you can stay on front page significantly longer.

The amount of free front page exposure is also going to have an impact on first couple days of sales.

Releasing a game on a Friday is going to produce radically different numbers than releasing the exact same game on Tuesday.