Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-08-2012, 09:13 AM
iPhone 4, OS 3.x

Default 100 Trials (of 100 Rogues)

100 Trials is now available on the iOS App Store!

App Store Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/100-trials/id498321766?ls=1&mt=8

Here's a How to Play, for those unfamiliar with 100 Rogues, which is a game we released a few years ago of which 100 Trials is a spin-off, or re-imagining.
http://100trials.com/archives/portfo...howtoplayvideo

From 100 Rogues, 100 Trials pares away the roguelike mechanics and focuses creating on engaging combat encounters. Each of its 100 levels was designed to emphasize combat strategy, puzzle-solving, and exploration to different degrees, but almost all have a healthy dose of randomization that makes them a different experience to play each time.

To those unfamiliar with 100 Rogues, here's a bit about the game's combat. With very few exceptions, each character can take one action each turn. Since there is only one of you and roughly half a dozen monsters acting in a turn, turns are broken up into 2 phases, combat and movement, with all characters acting simultaneously within each. During the combat phase, your opponents can take melee attacks including bite, stabs, pushes, slashes, or swipes, ranged attacks like arrow shots, fireballs, nether bolts, or dodgeballs, or skills like teleport, summon monters, or regenerate health.

You will play as four player classes over the course of the game, including a brand new class to 100 Rogues verterans. Each of these classes has a set of skills they can use to help in combat, either to damage monsters in an area, heal, make monsters not attack, make traps or summon familiars.

The games' story is lite in the same manner of 100 Rogues, and is set in the same universe. Some Rogue has claimed that the last wild Satan has been killed, and your team of characters is on a journey to verify the claim as true by locating Satan's body. Just as 100 Rogues was a mild spoof on RPG stories, 100 Trials takes subtle jabs at sequel conventions as you learn more of the world by mastering the challenges.

Even doing speed runs of the game for completion before release, the game took me about a dozen hours to complete, start to finish, and even longer to achieve the mastery bonuses for each level. At $2, it's a fantastic deal for a well-crafted game.

Hope you all enjoy!

Last edited by WesPaugh; 02-08-2012 at 09:46 AM..
Old 02-08-2012, 09:20 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Old 02-08-2012, 09:53 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Oooh! I love 100 Rogues, insta buying this!
Old 02-08-2012, 09:59 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

Disregard.

Last edited by BazookaTime; 02-08-2012 at 10:09 AM..
Old 02-08-2012, 10:05 AM
iPhone 4, OS 3.x

Thank you, Bazooka! As with 100 Rogues, our touch-to-move combat was designed to work its best when moving one turn at a time, as is usually the case when moving during combat around 5 or 6 enemies. The early challenges involve a lot of tutorial, and I can see where it is a bit less intuitive when moving around a large map, especially one as twisty as the first level.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:08 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesPaugh View Post
Thank you, Bazooka! As with 100 Rogues, our touch-to-move combat was designed to work its best when moving one turn at a time, as is usually the case when moving during combat around 5 or 6 enemies. The early challenges involve a lot of tutorial, and I can see where it is a bit less intuitive when moving around a large map, especially one as twisty as the first level.
You're right and now that I think about it is just the early stages where the player is learning how to play. Once the game gets going, it works the way it should.

I am liking this a lot.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:12 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

!

awesomeee!!!!

will be getting this shortly
Old 02-08-2012, 10:27 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Excellent!

Hate the icon though.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:32 AM
iPhone 4, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Excellent!

Hate the icon though.
Yeah, it's programmer art (mine). The artist has agreed to redo it, but we want to make sure it's stylistically consistent with the 100 Rogues icon, uses good color, etc. A cleaned up version will go into the games' first update.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:37 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesPaugh View Post
Yeah, it's programmer art (mine). The artist has agreed to redo it, but we want to make sure it's stylistically consistent with the 100 Rogues icon, uses good color, etc. A cleaned up version will go into the games' first update.
Sorry to hate on your art.

Until then, I'd recommend people slice up one of these and replace the icon art with it:

Quick static shot of the above:

Last edited by drelbs; 02-08-2012 at 10:40 AM..