App description: #1 Solitaire game in the App Store for 2+ years! Play over a thousand solitaire hands with beautiful backdrops that will let you escape to a sunny oasis! Keep up with new challenges each day in the Daily Mode and test your skills with hazards that make every hand unique. With puzzling twists and delightful surprises, youll want to replay your favorite courses over and over again as you defeat the mind-bending challenges and rack up cool prizes.

Winner of IGNs 2012 Peoples Choice Award for Best Mobile Board Game!
It might look like a straightforward card game on the surface but theres much more to Fairway Solitaire thanks to its assured, inventive design. Its hugely enjoyable, supremely polished strategic deck shuffler that should suit puzzle fans to a tee. PocketGamer: 8/10
Im totally engrossedsheer mindless entertainment. TouchArcade
One of the best designed games ever and so wonderfully fun it demands to be played! Bill Harris of dubiousquality.blogspot.com
an incredibly awesome puzzle game masquerading as solitaire. Penny Arcade
Its all smartly doneThis game is the real deal, not just another boring free solitaire game for iPhone. Kotaku App of the Day

FEATURES

Play brand new solitaire boards every single day!
Never run out of lives! You can relax and play as long as youd like!
Watch out for water, sand, and rough cards that test your skills!
Play long streaks of cards to win bonuses!
Find irons and Midas Clubs to help you play!
See where you rank in our Game Center leaderboards!

Become a Facebook fan for more Fairway Solitaire fun and games:
http://www.facebook.com/FairwaySolitaire

Check out other great games from Fairway! Fairway Solitaire Blast lets you explode your way through hand after hand of solitaire gone wild!

*** Discover more from Big Fish Games! ***

Big Fish is the leading global marketplace to discover and enjoy casual games. You can enjoy our virtually endless selection of games anytime, anywhere on your PC, Mac, mobile phone, or tablet. Learn more at bigfishgames.com!

Having fun with Big Fish? Check out our entire game library with our Game Finder app! Dive in here:
http://bigfi.sh/bfggamefinder

Try out Big Fish Games' iSplash! newsletter and never miss a sale or new game again! Sign up at: http://bigfi.sh/isplash

Follow us on Twitter: http://bigfi.sh/BigFishTwitter
02-16-2012, 08:24 PM
You guys should check this one out. It's free and I'm having a blast with it.

02-16-2012, 08:54 PM
Wish the HD version had gamecenter....weird that only the iPhone version has GC
02-17-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charley View Post
Wish the HD version had gamecenter....weird that only the iPhone version has GC
Tht is odd.
02-18-2012, 12:04 AM
Agreed. Lack of Gamecenter on the HD version is a real bummer. Hope it's coming in an update.
02-19-2012, 06:22 AM
It's not uncommon for an HD version of a game to be behind in features compared to the standard edition. Plants VS Zombies is one of the biggest examples of that - the HD version hasn't been updated in nearly four months, is missing all sorts of features, and is $4 more expensive ... ?

The main reason to go HD on this one is file size - the standard edition is almost TWICE as large, for reasons I still can't figure out. Doesn't seem to have any additional features ...

I like this game a lot, but wish there was some sort of "standard" or "pure" mode in it. To get the best score in this, you'll want to buy a full set of golf clubs and maximize your "terrain clearing / card removal" equipment. So rather than trying to get perfect scores now, I'm just moving on when I clear a stage, knowing I can come back when I'm "better equipped."

A "pure" mode where all equipment was disabled would be a good (if frustrating) 'alternate mode' to play through the game in, even if it might come down to pure luck a lot of the time.
02-19-2012, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laire View Post
The main reason to go HD on this one is file size - the standard edition is almost TWICE as large, for reasons I still can't figure out. Doesn't seem to have any additional features ....

I think it's because the iPhone version contains both standard and retina graphics.

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!
02-20-2012, 11:57 AM
Hmmm. I have found myself inexplicably addicted to this. Love the upgrades, and the gameplay is quite engaging for a solitaire card came. Definitely recommended.
02-20-2012, 12:47 PM
Agree - this is definitely a lot of fun. It does crash on me periodically (usually tied to the gopher wild card game or the store). Regardless, bought the full version and am enjoying it quite a bit. The golfing commentary and humor is just right... Definitely recommended for card game fans.
02-20-2012, 01:02 PM
The game froze up 1 time for me..
and that was in a mini game, for shooting the ball in the whole with some boards on the field. The ball is on the edge of the hole, and that's it..
Can't do anything.

Tried blowing on the ball, but did not work