Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 01:00 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Default Help me pick a new phone?

Hey guys! I need some help choosing a new phone, since one I currently have (a SE X10 mini pro) is getting pretty old. The obvious answer would be an iPhone in this community, but a 4s and even a 4 would be way out of my price range... I've been thinking about a WP7 device, maybe the cheaper Lumia.
Any ideas?
Old 03-01-2012, 02:23 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Depends really on where you are in the world and what network you are on. Also if you want to stay on Android or try something new.
If you want a cheap smart phone I'll throw in the Samsung Galaxy mini it's quite new but is much more like a galaxy S than S2.

I've actually been thinking about buying one of these but I kind of like the rugged indestructable kinda gadget I'm a sucker for G-Shocks etc.

Best bet is probably looking on your networks site for offers in truth though.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneNinja View Post
4s are $50 on a plan and the 3gs is free.

Anyway, get an iphone! What answer did you really expect from a forum such as this?
I would. However, while they are cheap in the US, here a 4S 16GB costs ~$700 on an affordable (~$20-25 a month) plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
Depends really on where you are in the world and what network you are on. Also if you want to stay on Android or try something new.
If you want a cheap smart phone I'll throw in the Samsung Galaxy mini it's quite new but is much more like a galaxy S than S2.

I've actually been thinking about buying one of these but I kind of like the rugged indestructable kinda gadget I'm a sucker for G-Shocks etc.

Best bet is probably looking on your networks site for offers in truth though.
I'm in Hungary on T-Mobile. And I'm getting sort of tired of Android, so I'm completely open to something new.
Galaxy mini is good, but way too small to use without a keyboard, thanks to my huge fingers. Plus, Google isn't known for supporting older or lower-end devices for a long time, it won't even get ICS.
These reasons are exactly why I've been looking at the Lumia 710 by Nokia. It looks decent, WP7 seems like a good system (and yes, I've tried it already) and there are few Android devices that are good in this price range (LG's Optimus Black, Samsung's Galaxy S Plus or SE's Neo would be options, though only the first two are available).
Old 03-01-2012, 11:16 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

If you want a WP7 a Nokia phone would be good, although the 710's battery life might be somewhat bad IIRC. Maybe the Lumia 610, but that won't be out for some time.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phazer89 View Post
If you want a WP7 a Nokia phone would be good, although the 710's battery life might be somewhat bad IIRC. Maybe the Lumia 610, but that won't be out for some time.
Yeah, I've heard it's pretty bad, but my current phone's is absolutely horrible, so I'm used to it. :X I'm buying one really soon, so sadly that one is out of the picture.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
4s are $50 on a plan and the 3gs is free.

Anyway, get an iphone! What answer did you really expect from a forum such as this?
$50 on a plan? Which country are you from?
In Canada it's $159 on a plan. O.o
Old 03-01-2012, 08:47 PM
iPhone 5

If you're getting a WP7 the Lumia 800 and 900 are so sexy ! The 710 . . . not so much .

Lumia 800
Old 03-01-2012, 08:56 PM
iPhone 5

Quote:
Looks kind of like a Galway S and a iPhone had a baby and dressed in in bright fisherprice blue.
Lol it comes in black and white as well.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by Cilo; 03-01-2012 at 09:01 PM..
Old 03-01-2012, 09:00 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

My dad has a windows phone 7 for work and he hates it lol. Probably one of the worst operating systems he's seen. He can't stand it haha. Neither can I. It might just be me but the metro UI is terrible and ugly
Old 03-01-2012, 11:21 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balu` View Post
Yeah, I've heard it's pretty bad, but my current phone's is absolutely horrible, so I'm used to it. :X I'm buying one really soon, so sadly that one is out of the picture.
Well you can probably get more juice out of it by turning off the standard battery-draining features (3G, auto-syncing etc.), and it should still last a day if you don't use it that much. Plus I think you can take out the battery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball926 View Post
My dad has a windows phone 7 for work and he hates it lol. Probably one of the worst operating systems he's seen. He can't stand it haha. Neither can I. It might just be me but the metro UI is terrible and ugly
Metro is probably a love-it-or-hate-it UI, although more people seem to like it than not.

Closed Thread