Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-26-2012, 02:00 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Default Final Run (3D racing exploration combat game by Rotor Games)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Old 02-26-2012, 02:05 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Wow.

This looks good. Zombies and cars with guns!

Guess I'll check it out and report back
Old 02-26-2012, 02:13 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Just bought it. First impressions - very good. Great graphics, buttons work well. Glad the filesize isn't huge. Really liking this
Old 02-26-2012, 02:51 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Quick impressions

Played for about 20 mins, liking it a lot so far.

GFX are nice (unity powered), theres more story than I expected, a few conversations going on in each mission so far. Missions have primary (kill the bad guy, get to the checkpoint) and secondary goals (complete a section in a time, take out all cacti) to gain ingame cash to buy more weapons or cars. I've done 5 so far and the game says I'm 5.6% complete...so thats promising.

Controls with v dpad, v stick, v buttons or icade/icontrolpad, buttons are good but icp just rules.

Will post some more once I'm deeper into it and see how long its going to last, but now its really good!
Old 02-26-2012, 03:36 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Not available on international App Stores? :/
Old 02-26-2012, 04:02 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Not available on international App Stores? :/
Got it from UK, checked fr and de itunes links and all is good with them...weird.

Game needs a handbrake turn, apart from that its awesome!
Old 02-26-2012, 04:06 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Awesome game and graphics. Two tumbs up!!!
Old 02-26-2012, 05:33 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Is there a roaming aspect where you can drive around? Still going to buy it but am curious about that specific feature.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:45 PM

I am reminded of the driving portions of Half-Life 2 -- the environments are similar, and there's a similar "get from point A to point B" puzzle aspect to the driving. Overall there's a lot of polish here, from the nicely done menus and the seamless transitions. The writing does a good job of delineating the world without sounding just like exposition. The default controls work well (better than GTA3's, IMO). The textures are a bit murky, but the excellent draw distance goes a long way towards making the environments feel, well, real. Content wise, there seems to be a lot to the game: after 20 minutes I'd completed only 5%.

It's important to note that so far the game doesn't have the kind frenetic insanity of something like Twisted Metal -- anyone expecting that would likely be disappointed. At this point the game feels more like an action/adventure that happens to involve driving, rather than a demolition derby. As someone who never really got into TM, I pleased as punch, but your mileage may vary.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:22 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi541 View Post
Is there a roaming aspect where you can drive around? Still going to buy it but am curious about that specific feature.
Most missions there is no time limit, and the objective is to explore the area until you trigger the bad guys, but some missions don't even have that and just let you drive until you cross the checkpoint line. Only the infected missions have time limits are your car gets infected just by being near zombies, and your infection meter goes up faster the closer you are to zombies.

Completed the last mission last night at 28% complete with 2 cars left to unlock and 3 weapons after about 3-4 hours play. So this game has a lot of replayability as to get 100% you have to go back and complete all the secondary objectives, and theres no way to get all of them in one run when some require exploration and some require speed. The missions were varied with some being get to check point, some being shoot all cars, some being shoot all zombies, and one get to checkpoint while avoiding zombies

Its a great game, but its not going to stop me suggesting some improvements...
The turning is weird, my brain is trained from other games to turn better you must let go of the accelerator and use the brake to turn harder, not in this game. You turn more while accelerating, which seems counter intuitive, and theres no way to turn around quickly (handbrake turn etc.)
Would say that this game is perfect for some high score modes...survive against cars, fastest time to kill zombies, longest survival against zombies with disinfectant pickups. Just something on the side of the story, because thats all there is currently. Dont get me wrong the story is good and feels finished, but after I'm done with the secondary missions I wish there was something else to go back to.
Also a few points in the story you could make a choice to get a different conversation pop up, adding that little bit more to it as you could replay to get different outcomes

Very well polished game that could do with something to compliment its great, varied story mode