Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-05-2012, 02:22 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Default Spiral (episodic action RPG using Unreal Engine, by Pixel Hero Games)

http://toucharcade.com/2012/03/05/gd...unreal-engine/

Quote:

The plan for Spiral is to release it episodically, with the first episode hitting in the 4th quarter of this year. They are still finalizing just how many episodes the entire game will have, but it will likely end up with around 4-5 episodes which will each run around 3 hours to complete. Aside form the episodic storyline, there will be an arena-like mode too for when you only have a few minutes and just want to jump into some combat action. In both the story and arena modes, experience is gained which can go towards upgrading your character attributes and weapons.

Another conscious decision from the team behind Spiral was to eschew virtual sticks and buttons for a native touch screen control scheme. I always appreciate games that feel like their built for the iOS platform, and despite a few quirks due to the early nature of the game, Spiral's control feel fairly intuitive. Simply tap where you want your character to move, touch NPC characters to interact, and tap on enemies to attack.

The combat moves are context sensitive too, so if you're fighting with an enemy that's far away, your character will use a ranged weapon automatically. If they're up close, it's a type of melee attack. You can also choose to upgrade your characters in these various areas based on your preferred style.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:26 PM

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Looks Nice

Last edited by Sanuku; 06-15-2012 at 05:13 PM..
Old 03-05-2012, 02:36 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Wow, this looks AND sounds awesome!

However, I don't like games that have the episodic things because I like to have the whole game when I purchase the game. Plus, if the episode is short, then you'll have to wait a couple of days, or even weeks, to get the next episode.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:59 PM
iPad 2, iOS 4.x

Reminds me of what Mirrors Edge on iOS SHOULD have been (top down third person would've been better). Will definitely talk about this on my podcast :O)
Old 03-05-2012, 05:13 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Liking the art style, will be curious to see how this comes to fruition!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:06 PM

Hi guys, I'm Nader (one of the members of Pixel Hero Games), and we're really excited to finally announce the project!

We're going to try as hard as possible to be in touch regularly with the community, so if you have any questions about the game, feel free to ask here or shoot me (or any other team member) a mail!

Thanks for the very supportive comments so far!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:52 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nader View Post
Hi guys, I'm Nader (one of the members of Pixel Hero Games), and we're really excited to finally announce the project!

We're going to try as hard as possible to be in touch regularly with the community, so if you have any questions about the game, feel free to ask here or shoot me (or any other team member) a mail!

Welcome to Toucharcade forums.

Any video?
Old 03-05-2012, 09:35 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:

Its always great when devs get involved on the forums. A couple of questions:

Is that a robot hand I see on what appears to be the main character? because if so, that is awesome.

The front page article mentions tap-to-move controls. Does this mean that movement is severely restricted as in Infiny Blade, or can you still navigate the world as you please?
Old 03-06-2012, 12:03 AM

That's a sharp eye you have there! The main character has an artificial arm, which particularly comes into play during combat.

As far as controls, you have complete control over the camera and character movement, it's not on rails, so within the confines of the level you can look and go wherever you want
Old 03-06-2012, 12:27 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
That's a sharp eye you have there! The main character has an artificial arm, which particularly comes into play during combat.

As far as controls, you have complete control over the camera and character movement, it's not on rails, so within the confines of the level you can look and go wherever you want
Thanks for the reply, and that is great news on both counts!