View Poll Results: Which do YOU prefer?
iPad 2 9 23.08%
Playstation Vita 28 71.79%
Nintendo 3DS 2 5.13%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2012, 08:12 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Jordanrracer
Default iPad 2 vs Playstation Vita vs Nintento 3DS?

I don't care about the price:

What is the best in your opinion? That's the simple question. Also please no flame wars and fanboys fighting over which is better. Give a simple opinion and move on =).

I'm planning on buying one of the choices.

EDIT: Now I'm just deciding between the Vita and iPad 2.

What I like about the iPad: Games are way cheaper, movie/youtube/web browsing is cool as hell.
What I like about Vita: Supports better, and mostly good games. (I really like that Mortal Kombat, Capcom vs Marvel, and Little Big Planet are coming out for Vita).

Last edited by Jordanrracer; 03-13-2012 at 02:03 PM..
Old 03-12-2012, 08:33 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

For games I assume? I voted Vita. Unless you really like Nintendo first-party, the Vita is definitely the way to go. It's got currently unmatched hardware and access to over 300 PSP games as well as a ton of minis. And there's a lot to look forward to on the system. As for the iPad.. they tend to be really expensive while the dedicated handhelds trump it easily in terms of gaming.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:44 PM

I like the iPad. Nintendo 3DS is mainly first-party software. While the Playstation Vita has many great games planned, I will want to see how it performs in it's peak with some hardcore video games, and how it does in the long run. The iPad 3 is apparently super-powerful. I love all of the indie games, and hopefully Onlive will eventually make it's way onto it. But it really depends on the type of game you are looking for. If you want great classic brands, go 3DS. If you want to take your chances on a hardcore device that has not shown it's true potential yet, go Vita. If you want a more expensive, but more versatile tablet that has great indie support and a hopeful future, then go iPad.

If you choose iPad, I would say don't worry about the cost and get an iPad 3.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:27 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

I'm sorry but Ipad is not a gaming handheld. It's a portable multimedia device that can play those typical mobile games, not a machine that is centered or capable of playing games that matches DS or Vita.

If you want handheld that only focuses on playing quality games, get either Vita or 3DS.

If you want my opinion, go with 3DS. It already has strong first party line up with some solid 3rd party games like MGS3 and Resident Evil Revelations.

Vita is too early and most of known vita games aren't coming out until at least Fall.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:36 PM
iPad mini

The iPad 2 is a jack of all trades, and surprisingly master of some... while the Vita is clearly a one-trick pony. Owning both (the iPad 2 and Vita), I can't imagine using my Vita as a video/audio player, nor a web browsing device at all. Hence, I voted for the iPad 2.

On the go, it allows me to carry literally all of my work in a presentable form where my meetings are a breeze... no printouts, no data-rearranging, no mess... just pure ease.

It doesn't solve my gaming needs in ways the Vita nails it, but the OP never asked which I prefer in terms of gaming. So the obvious answer, as many will agree to would be that for gaming, the Vita blows the iPad 2 out of the water... but in terms of what I prefer as an overall device? There's really no comparison.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:37 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Vita-best for games-you can put films on it and theres a browser in it for wi fi internet
Old 03-12-2012, 09:42 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

I voted Vita if you're looking for the best overall gaming machine.

However like it was mentioned before, if you're really into Nintendo first party titles(I'm not), then the 3DS of course can't be beat.

If I was looking for a tablet(I'm not) I have no doubt I'd go for an iPad, over the the other tablets(Android, Windows). I would never get an iPad for just gaming. The best all in one machine is the iPad though, no contest.

The music player/browser on the Vita aren't very good at all. The only way to get the best of everything would be to get all three. Which if you don't care about price should be your choice

In my opinion.

P.S.
Except the best mobile browser I've ever used is on my Android phone.

Last edited by S.I.D. CrAzY; 03-12-2012 at 09:47 PM..
Old 03-12-2012, 09:44 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I'll just throw in the Vita is really good with Video I've been toying with encoding things for it (using xvid4psp) as I just love the oled screen.
Games wise the Vita has incredible potential I even think the launch titles which are usually some of the weakest on systems are pretty amazing.

I vote vita as I'm in love with mine at the minute.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:02 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Right now, the Vita, but i'm a huge beliver of the iOS gaming plataform, so i am letting pass this year to see what's going on with the iOS gaming, i would recomend to you get the Vita (if you hurry, if you don't, i would waiting to the next year).
Old 03-12-2012, 10:36 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Are you a casual/social gamer, or a hardcore/dedicated gamer? Do you like indie developers or major, multi-platform console developers? Do you like playing established AAA franchise titles? Or niche, experimental, non-mainstream titles? It's not difficult to decide, based upon your own personal perferance. I find it funny that someone would pay $500 for an iPad, then turn around and use it on casual/social gaming, but to each their own. The fact that the hardcore gaming device, the Vita, is cheaper then the casual gaming device, the iPad, is kind of ironic (assuming you're buying the iPad primarily as a gaming machine, since it obviously has other applications.)

Last edited by dumaz1000; 03-12-2012 at 10:39 PM..