App description: The unique control mechanic, the lovely retro aesthetic, and the lavish, pixellated visual effects that fill the screen during combo eliminations, and the like, make Puzzle Bebop a game well worth a look. - Blake Patterson of TouchArcade

Puzzle Bebop is a fun and exciting falling block puzzle game powered by TouchCircus [a collection of revolutionary touch control algorithms developed by BinarySquare] making it the most intuitive play control yet for a touch based puzzle game. Simply draw big circles with your finger to rotate the falling pieces and swipe right, left, or down to move them. Group together 4 or more pieces of the same color to clear them out. Have fun and good luck!

Features:
- Awesome 8-bit graphics and retro audio
- Intuitive Play Control by TouchCircus - draw circles to rotate
- Game Center Leaderboards and Achievements
- 2 game modes with 3 difficulty settings
- iPad support - Universal Application
- Arcade Joystick Enabled

AnarKitty's comments:

The winningly retro-styled falling block puzzle from Dan Bliss/Binary Square has been released in the US.

03-13-2012, 10:16 PM
I find it very difficult to say no to these sorts of puzzlers at this price and being universal. Those controls in the video though seem like a recipe for disaster when the player is put under pressure. I could be wrong though, and may still pick this up.
03-14-2012, 12:18 AM
Game Impressions

Actually the controls are not bad at all. In fact, probably about as good as this sort of controls could be. Which is to say the devs did a great job technically, but that doesn't mean there aren't still odd times when you'll do something you didn't mean to due to inherent limitations. Overall though, the controls are not an issue - at least no more so than in most games of this type on a touch screen, and in fact probably mostly less.

The game itself is...alright. There's nothing particularly exciting or innovative here, and to be honest on my very first playthrough I got a little bored. But it's solid enough. One option I wish existed would be to turn off the CRT lines effect. It's cute enough, but on the iPad especially becomes a bit tiring on the eyes after a little while.
03-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Game Impressions

I love Puyo Pop, Tetris, & Dr. Mario and this game💩with the new circle drawing thing (as long as I draw BIG circles) gives me so much control has them all beat hands down!!