Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 03-19-2012, 05:48 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default New IPad: Who here HAS or HASN'T upgraded ipad2?

Howdy!

I am an avid gamer, and this new iPad is really eggin me on to buy it. I have an ipad2 right now.

Can anyone please share there thoughts on why they did (intend to) upgrade from their ipad2 or why they didn't (won't)?

That screen is on my mind constantly when playing these cutting edge games of late, and I don't want to upgrade, but man...
Old 03-19-2012, 06:25 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I upgraded because I have to have the latest device. All the retina games work well except for galaxy on fire which seems to lag a bit. Real racing, modern combat 3, and air supremacy all run great.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:34 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I've got an iPad 2, and I'm not planning to upgrade. The iPhone 4 has been out over a year, and yet there are still games being released that don't have retina graphics, and there are lots of games that haven't been updated with retina graphics. Most non-retina games look worse on a retina screen than they do on a non-retina screen. I imagine it will be the same with the new iPad, there will be many games that don't support the new screen.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:54 PM

I have the iPad 2 And I love it.I just got it for Christmas. I will upgrade in Two years. The new ones I wil not buy any way until they make sure there are no bugs that need fixes. THis one works fine.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:55 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Don't upgrade to the new one if you have the 2. Wait for the real 3 in a years time.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:58 PM

I have the newest iPad and it's amazing. Not only do the updated games look amazing, but my iPhone games look great and not blurry like they are on iPad 2 (they look as if you were using the RetinaPad app)

Last edited by kujen; 03-19-2012 at 08:02 PM..
Old 03-19-2012, 08:36 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLW View Post
I've got an iPad 2, and I'm not planning to upgrade. The iPhone 4 has been out over a year, and yet there are still games being released that don't have retina graphics, and there are lots of games that haven't been updated with retina graphics. Most non-retina games look worse on a retina screen than they do on a non-retina screen. I imagine it will be the same with the new iPad, there will be many games that don't support the new screen.
It's not the same. Everything looks great, whether it supports retina or not; nothing is blurry like you would see on an iPhone 4 or iPod touch 4. If that's the only thing keeping you from buying the new iPad, go ahead and buy one. I would recommend you skip a generation, as a general rule. Unless money's burning a hole in your pocket, of course.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:42 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I sold my jailbroken iPad 2 on CraigsList for 480 and got the new iPad for 499, was an easy decision to upgrade for me. I really like the look of Order and Chaos Online on the new iPad but it needs to be optimized for it.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:11 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwet17 View Post
I would recommend you skip a generation, as a general rule. Unless money's burning a hole in your pocket, of course.
What is this rule; is it legit? What is the theory behind it please?
Old 03-19-2012, 09:13 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varking View Post
I sold my jailbroken iPad 2 on CraigsList for 480 and got the new iPad for 499, was an easy decision to upgrade for me. I really like the look of Order and Chaos Online on the new iPad but it needs to be optimized for it.
what a deal!!!!

i guess i will keep my ipad2 untill the next update, like triggywiggy said:
Quote:
Don't upgrade to the new one if you have the 2. Wait for the real 3 in a years time.
to be frank, apple is upgrading its products way too frequent!!